i have a challenge and need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

delirium330

In Runtime
i'm building my second desktop for a friend. the only place he has for it is in his existing cabinet where his old dell is. the problem is i want to build to build standard atx but its tough finding a case that will fit. width isn't a problem, but height and length (depth) are.

the cabinet has 17 inches for height, and 19.5 inches deep (length). i assume ill need at least an inch in the back to route cables, etc. also a good cooling case would be nice to pull the air in the cabinet and push it back out the rear.

thanks for the help! (oh, and the more simple/sleek the case the better - don't want anything flashy with lights or anything). at max i would need 1-2 external dvd/cd bays and 1 external bay for a 3.5inch card reader. internal max i would need is two HD bays.

Just pointing out that sticking a comp in a small enclosed cabinet like that is horrible for the airflow. Can't you convince him to try to find a different place for it?

i like that xclio case, good cooling and the right size. i assume the newegg dimensions listed are Dimensions 16.3" x 8.7" x 17.7" (height, width, length)?

maybe i can look it up on a xclio proper site or another vendor for validation.

i realize airflow will be horrible in a cabinet, but i figure they've had the old Dell in there for 8 years w/o problems...and that thing has only 1 rear fan that is broken! the cabinet does have some rear ventilation...

so i just confirmed from the coolbox website. 412 x 221 x 450MM (HxWxD) or (16.2 x 8.7 x 17.7).

Baron, do the ones that come with the PSU...can i just buy my own PSU and replace? or are they welded in there or something?

No you can replace the psu, the psu is just screwed in there as if you would install your own, but then you pay extra for psu and it's not worth it, although the nsk4000 are great cases. they will set you back about 119 and it is called that nsk4480B series. Your best option will be just to look through newegg to find smallish cases which you like, or choose from the two trotter and the one i said.

SuperBiiz.com - Antec NSK6580B 430W Power Supply ATX Tower Case (Black)
this is the nsk with a quality 430w psu, that is good, made by seasonic the earthwatts series are amazing for the price in bundles. but i gues you have already got a psu, or you want more wattage for future upgrades. So just keep looking for some small cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom