I have been gone a long time and wow im lost, help with a pc please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
I havent built a pc in honest to god 7-8 years (im on a pentium 4 2gb dd400 now), and i have no idea where to start. Im looking to build a gaming pc but decently low budget, mostly what im aiming to play is diablo 3 when it comes out and i play age of empires and total war series, nothing too heavy i wont be running skyrim or any FPS really. i wanna keep it somewhere in the 600-800- 900 but really pushing has to be good reason LOL (im sure there always is). I really appreciate the help guys, i was looking around at stuff earlier and, ****, things have changed lol. thanks.

(note dont include monitor i have tons laying around and they are fairly east to come by for me im not picky, just the PC)

My suggestion if you're in the U.S.:

CPU + OS: $217 AMD Phenom II X4 965 + Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit OEM.
HDD + ODD: $57.5 500GB Seagate 7200.12 + Asus 24x DVD/CD Burner.
MB: $110 ASRock 970 Extreme4 AM3+.
RAM: $52 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS9.
GPU: $195 XFX HD 6870.
PSU: $70 OCZ Fatal1ty 550W.
Case: $50 Rosewill Challenger.
-or- Sentey Black Box 4284 v2.1.
-or- NZXT M59-001BK.

Total = $751.50 (before shipping/rebates/promo codes).

A little over Diablo 3 Beta's system requirements, but should last you a while.

*Edit - Might have gone a little overboard with the RAM, 4GB should be plenty.
$33 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS9.
New total = $732.50

NCIX doesn't match on combo deals though do they?

But for the most part yeah, that build will work if the price doesn't change too much with the country switch.

I'm in Ottawa... NCIX is outa Toronto now, and their service is fantASTic...

I buy from ncix and price check everywhere... Directcanada.com has great prices, but meh...

There are 3 Canada Computers locations in Ottawa...make sure you check them out, their prices are great, and you don't worry about paying or waiting for shipping. I'm in waterloo and Canada computers is about 300 yards from my house :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom