I got it to 3.2GHz!!! But dxdiag says its 3.6GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hm... i just turned it to 400MHz FSB with 8 Multplier and kept the RAM settings at 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 timing. I changed the volt on the CPU from 1.337 to 1.35, not sure if I should have dont that or not because the temperature is now about 5degrees C higher than it was at 3.0GHz

I have yet to test it out with Orthos. Grr, stupid Windows Vista score thingy, my score is still the same all 5.9 except cpu which is still 5.7. I think theres a bug on the score thing cuz even at stock, it was still the same score all 5.9 and cpu at 5.7 and when I first tested it on vista score, stock scores were....

CPU 5.3
RAM 5.6
Others are 5.9

But at 3.0GHz and 3.2GHz and 2.7GHz, CPU is 5.7 and everything else is 5.9.

Not so sure but anyway, why does on dxdiag it shows my speed as 3.6GHz even though I only have 400FSB and 8 Multiplier? Maybe its thinking i still have 9 multiplier? thus resulting in 3.6GHz?

Anyway ima test this in Orthos and see my results.

Dude...that Vista score doesn't prove much. It doesn't matter if it went down .2 points.

Of course the temperature got higher, because you raised the vcore.

Vista score doesn't really mean anything. Raising Vcore, gives it more power, which raises temperature. And yeah, it could be that the dxdiag is still reading your CPU as a 9 multiplier.

Okay I just changed the temperature back to what it was at 3.0GHz which is at 3.375 volts, was that a good idea or not?

Edit: and the Memory Clock reading on Everest is like 1400MHz, it goes from 500MHz then at certain times it reads to ~1400MHz at certain times when the CPU is at load, is that suppose to happen?

What do you mean, you changed your temperature? And don't you mean 1.375 volts? If you raised it a bit, then that's a good thing since you just gave your CPU a bit more juice but temperatures might start rising.

No, at 3.0GHz my vcore was at 1.337 and when at 3.2GHz 400FSB x 8 vcore I set it to 1.35 but then I reverted it back to 1.337. I just did Orthos and got the blue screen of death. :( not sure what caused it, it could be the vcore too low or ram issues.

Should I set the RAM at 1:1 ratio? so with 400MHz FSB set the RAM to 800MHz? Or keep it at 1000MHz for a 5:4 RAM:FSB ratio?

I got blue screen of death :(

Edit: Any ideas? should I change the RAM to 800MHz? or 1200MHz?

Well i reverted it back to 1.35VCore and see what happens.

i would stick to a 1:1 ratio. because 800mhz is plenty fast, i doubt you would even know the difference between the two. and if you just tighten the timings up a bit its just like running at 1200mhz anyway.

hm.. for some reason when i do the cpu part of the test in 3d mark, 3dmark crashes. does this mean my oc is not stable? Maybe ill go back to 3.0GHz, grrr, bye bye 3.2GHz haha.

i don't see how an e6600 with a TT wouldn't be stable at 3.2ghz? maybe you got real unlucky. whats the idle/load temps at 3.0ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom