i didnt apply thermal paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

levon11

Baseband Member
Hey. um i build my pc.. i have a e6550 with Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7
and i didnt add any extra thermal paste.. is that ok?? my cpu is at 30c at the moment ive only seen it go up too 38c.. i just wanna know if its ok that i didnt add any extra thermal paste

Merkwürdigliebe;1210870 said:
Omg Add The Thermal Paste Asap Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong. As long as you have the thermal pad that came with it, it's fine. Don't listen to those who come to conclusions too fast. That pad is actually better than AS5.

I wasn't having very good temps w/ the thermal pad the ACF7 came with, so I scraped it off (which was a ***** to do >.<) and applied some AS5. I got lower temps fairly quickly...although I probably just didn't have the HS/F seated properly the first time.

Arctic Freezer Pro 7 has an MX-1 Thermal Pad.. which if you look on my sig or stickies (i'm getting incredibly irritated by noobs who don't look at our stickies...) theres a comparison and MX-1 is pretty high on the list and pretty cheap too...... (for the pad)

1 more thing.. last time i tested my 8800gts 320mb on 3dmark06 i got 9394.. this time i got 8977... why did i get a lower score?

i Oc'ed my e6550 to 2.43 and ran orthos for 8 hours and 53 minutes.. and its stable.. should i clock it back to 2.33?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom