I Did It! First Build Completed Last Night But No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
I am amazed and my wife is even more amazed that I acutally built the computer last night. Great thanks to everyone here who educated me on how to do this in the last month.

Everything is working perfectly, I think, except I have no sound. I put the Gigabyte disc in the DVD drive and ran setup. I just don't have any sound. I tried to open the configuration box by clicking on the speaker in the system tray, and I get 2 sliders, but not the more complicated controls that are in the manual for the mother board. I don't know what I did wrong. Please help me troubleshoot this problem. I would hate to think the sound is bad in my mother board.

EDIT - FIXED, I HAD THE HD SOUND PLUG PLUGGED IN WRONG. INSTEAD OF PUTTING THE 8 HOLE PLUG ON THE 8 PRONGS, I PUT IT ON ONLY 4 OF THEM. THAT MESSED UP THE ON BOARD SOUND AND THE FRONT OF THE CASE SOUND. COMPUTER IS READY FOR GAMES NOW.

Did you install the sound drivers, from the CD?

If not, I'd suggest downloading the latest, from the Realtek website:

Realtek

Wee, lolz you have Realtek Audio? Say goodbye to your 2 second boot and say hello to 15 second boot. haha

There is apparently a sound issue with the drivers that come with the ds3r. I didnt encounter the problem, but others have. Apparently you have to go in and uninstall the drivers that xp loads then install the drivers that come with the disk. There have been a few forum topics about this, although i dont remember offhand where they were.

I never used the sound drivers from the CD. I went straight to that site I posted, and downloaded the latest. Never had a problem.

really...thats what takes it so long to boot?

are there hacked drivers out there?

For mine yes. If i dont have the drivers for the sound installed, it boots on the Q6600 in like one single progress bar, barely one.

With the driver's loaded, it takes 16 progress bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom