I did a bad bad thing. - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #31 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Re: I did a bad bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubfreak View Post
I dont even care about 3dmark anymore. But playing WoW with everything maxxed is actually taxing my 260s sli at 4k. Going tri 285 just for the fun of it.
WHAT!!?!?!?!?

I can't see how this is possible even on a 30" monitor. Wow has horrible graphics. What is your basis for this assumption? Are you going on your fps? You probably know already, but supposedly, wow doesn't take advantage of the newer hardware, unless they changed it with the new xpack or something. This would be why you might only be getting like 30 fps or something.

How many monitors are you running?

Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #32 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

wow can have terrible graphics if you want it to, or really great graphics if you want it too.. clearly you haven't ever played wow.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #33 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid View Post
WHAT!!?!?!?!?

I can't see how this is possible even on a 30" monitor. Wow has horrible graphics. What is your basis for this assumption? Are you going on your fps? You probably know already, but supposedly, wow doesn't take advantage of the newer hardware, unless they changed it with the new xpack or something. This would be why you might only be getting like 30 fps or something.

How many monitors are you running?
I'm running at 25x16 with EVERYTHING maxxed, including draw distance. The only thing not capped is shadows because they completely rape my rig. The latest expansion updated the graphics quite a bit. In the older zones yes, i run at 100+ fps, but in 25 man raids where you have 15 people aoe'ing, i drop down into the high teens. Wow does in fact use current hardware.

Also, everything shipped yesterday, and is scheduled to be here wednesday But considering i'm going to have to completely tear apart both loops, i wont be rebuilding until the weekend.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 AM   #34 (permalink)
True Techie

lol, you spent more money on your graphics than most people spend on a single rig. xD
Extreme to the max!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Inspired by Art

cant wait to see this!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #36 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimstar View Post
lol, you spent more money on your graphics than most people spend on a single rig. xD
Extreme to the max!
Ya, going big this time. But i wont have to touch it again for a year or 2. Figured do it now while i can afford it, because once i go into real debt buying a house, the toy budget will be gone. Also, i highly doubt i'll ever see retirement, so might as well spend my money while i can still enjoy it. 2012 and all that.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #37 (permalink)
True Techie

Who says you need to buy a house? ;p
Old 02-08-2009, 03:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimstar View Post
Who says you need to buy a house? ;p
I'm tired of living in a ghetto apt with a 400 pound ******* stomping around all day every day. Also i need a garage and my own washer and drier.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #39 (permalink)
True Techie

lol, date someone rich, and live with them. ~.-
Old 02-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I played wow for like a month before the xpack came out, but I quit because my friend wasn't playing with me like he promised to get me the triple xp. I mean, if I'm not playing with friends anyway, why not play the mmo I want to play? So, I just went back to lotro.

I was running the game almost maxed with a 6800 card, and it looked like crap. I think there was one thing I could turn up that made the lighting better, but, if I did, my comp would lag like a mother ****er. I saw it on my friend's rig too, and his rig is pretty good. He's got an 8600GTS or something. Well, it is pretty good compared to my 6800. I saw him do a 10 man. It really didn't look much better at all to me.

Closed Thread