I destroyed my graphics card, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Ok, i was installing a Accellro X1 cooler on my GPU and I screwed in the cooler to tight against my GPU's core and screwed it up. I have the money to buy another 8800gt right now, but I'm also thinking about just waiting awhile for the next big chip to come out.

Because, personally I was a little disappointed on how my 8800gt was doing on some of the new games (crysis and assassins creed maxed out please?)

I'm thinking of just saving up a whole bunch of $$$ and going nuts in a year or so.

Good choice?

i think ppl should step up to the new 9900 series when they get cheaper

so yeah i think you should save money to get the new chips

Just get a cheap GPU, and then use the eVGA Step Up program to step up like Prototype said (when it releases)

How good do you think the 9900 series is really going to be. It looks like another failure attempt to re-name and slightly increase the performance of the older architecture.

If im going to spend $300+ dollars I expect my GPU to perform.

Any idea on how this architecture is any different?

How good do you think the 9900 series is really going to be. It looks like another failure attempt to re-name and slightly increase the performance of the older architecture.

If im going to spend $300+ dollars I expect my GPU to perform.

Any idea on how this architecture is any different?

it wont be the same as the older version

i heard that they will be GT200 architecture

also that the 9900GTX will be better than 9800GX2 :O

but remember about ATI Radeon 4xxx are also gonna be released in late may

it wont be the same as the older version

i heard that they will be GT200 architecture

also that the 9900GTX will be better than 9800GX2 :O

but remember about ATI Radeon 4xxx are also gonna be released in late may

Isn't the GT200 also going to be 55nm process?

How the heck did you destroy it?

If you were screwing down the cooler so tight you crushed the core... thats ridiculous.

get a new one.

ATI 4870 and Nvidia GT200 GPU's aren't out yet, but they should be fast.

I don't know much about GT200, but I think RV770 (4870) should be about twice as fast as RV670 (3870)

reason im gonna try to sell my card for an HD 4870 x2, twice as fast as my card, this time it will be 2.0, mine was a fake!

Alex, if u need a new graphics card, buy mine for $300.

How the heck did you destroy it?

If you were screwing down the cooler so tight you crushed the core... thats ridiculous.
I already had it installed.. but the memory heatsinks on my gpu fell off. So with rage I quickly unscrewed off the huge gpu core heatsink and stuck back on the memory heatsink and then quickly screwed back on the core heatsink a little too tight. I guess it was a little too tight for my core.. and it broke :(

I've heard before that some cores are more sensitive then others. Because it didn't seem like I tightened the screws THAT tight. :rolleyes: Well.. this is the first, well second, time that I have ever broke anything in my computer. So I'm not too p***ed off. :freak:

I will probably wait for ATI and Nvidia to release their next architecture and whichever is better I will buy. No matter how much it costs.

*Thanks for the offer wildside.. ill have to think about it, im trying to wait to hold off until the next gen. But thats a little tempting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom