This is it, I am getting the comp today.....

how much music do you have

• 1 gig and under

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-15 gigs

• 16- 25 gigs

• anything over 25 gigs

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt12

Baseband Member
I am ordering the items today and I simply need to know if I should spend the extra cash on getting...........

A. A better Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 Chipset

B. A better amount of ram: 2048 MB [1024MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200

C. A better Processor: AMD® Athlon-64 X2 3800

Or should I or is it worth it to save myself some bucks and get....

A. A lesser Motherboard: eVGA nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR or Asus A8N-SLI nForce4-SLI Chipset.

B. A Lesser amount of ram 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200

C. A Lesser Processor: AMD® Athlon-64 3500

What would you do if you had the money and wanted an awesome gaming machine but wanted to go cheap at the same time......

Also I may get the comp this Wed so that is why the poll is till then. From the info I get here I will be getting that type of comp, I like all 3 options and will probly get the option that is in favor, either way I get the best comp possible or save $$$ which im fine with either way. If it was not a question of trying to save some $$$ I would ofcourse go the best ;) .

here is what is better to do and you WILL save money.

Get A. A less expensive but way better motherboard : MSI K8N Neo4-F

B. Get 2GB of ram: G.Skill 2x1gb dual channel its about $149

C. Get a AMD X2 3800+.

Ha, those results are entertaining. But I really thought I'd see more people saying to get the lower processor and just OC it. Dual-core is definatly thinking in terms of future value. Enjoy!

Edit: Apparently only 3 people have voted. haha

its worth going all out

my system:
Aspire X-Superalien case
ASUS a8n32
eVGA 7900gt
AMD x2 3800+
2 gigs corsair
2x250gig western digitals

Enermax 620watt

LOL starting to look like I might be going all out, but will wait for further poll's. This is a big decision for me afterall, thanks for the tips aswell. Also would a high quality 500 watt powersupply do the trick for my comp if I were to go all out, or do I need a better one?

500 would work unless you go and put in another video card or start overclocking

when you do that i would probably go with a higher end 600watt

like mine :)

a psu is a real investment(i find myself saying this everyday on this forum) i would go with a enermax or antec 600+ psu when the time comes for upgrades

actually you dont need a 600 watt PSU, even if u use Xfire or SLI. 550 will hold you for a long time. a 7900GTX, just one, is 450watt psu. and ur not getting anything that powerful. Just get a Antec SmartPower 500watt or Antec TruePower2550watt or 450watt.

with powersupplies you ALWAYS want to go up and above

you want one that will never come close to being maxed out

sure a 550 watt would hold up but im all about having power to spare :)
its just a personal thing of mine because power is the #1 reason systems fail

no, actaully the #1 reason why systems fail is beacuse ppl have no clue what they are doing going into it. and you do not need more than suggested. especially 150watts more.......

yes you do need more then suggested and it actually is the #1 reason sytems fail.

ive seen it. refer to my PoWeR post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom