i am building a pc for the first time please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
do yourself a favor and us too :) intel core 2 duo features anew architecture which makes the CPU run cooler, more energy efficient yet runs so well and really fast...

If your going with xp then get the 7k nvidia series or the ati equalivant. I have both Vista and XP with a 8800 GTX and some games do not run well with vista. ike 70 percent give or take have color problems and stuttoring, Half life 2 for an example does run on vista but for some odd reason after a week or so it fails to even load up. This is like after 4 vista reinstalls, Xp it works like a charm. Need for speed carbon also only gets like 20 fps with a gtx under vista. Under xp I get well over 60 fps.
On the side note, excluding games. Vista is way more stable then xp. I haven't had any freezes or anything.

Also, I would get the 6600 conroe, I wouldn't even bother ocing it neither. Cause I have one, and when running games mention above it uses just about 70-80% of it at stock. And thats with it at with 16x/16 antialias etc highest possible and i get about 90 fps in halflife 2, But the AMD you chose with the extra ghz will be equal to the 6600 game wise i bet.

im not looking for an intel processor because they run hotter, and also can be noisier, the e6600 its also only 4 bucks cheaper and id have to go thru the trouble of overclocking while the amd is also dual with 3.0ghz

Clock speed doesn't mean anything, Intel can do more instructions per clock.

intel processor because they run hotter

I think you are talking about intel Pentium4 Prescott

The new Core 2 duo E6600 runs much cooler than 6000+, and it consume much less power.

E6600 overclocks much better than 6000+

And you don't need to overclock E6600 anyway, because at stock speeds it perform on par if not better than 6000+

screw this theres rlly no budget anymore because im buying this myself instead of having my dad pay for it, im getting the gtx 8800 or the 8800 ultra, and getting the intel quad core q6600 after the price drop

Get the GTX. The Ultra is such a waste of money. You can overclock the GTX, pass Ultra speeds.

screw this theres rlly no budget anymore because im buying this myself instead of having my dad pay for it, im getting the gtx 8800 or the 8800 ultra, and getting the intel quad core q6600 after the price drop

good choice on the C2D, bad on the 8800 Ultra, why buy that when u can get the 8800 gtx and overclock it (with a voltmod and a water block) and u got yourself an 8800 ultra for like 8800 gtx + 100 + 5 (volt mods increase the value of a GPU, not sure if this is true so i'm just adding a low amount) so u dont have to spend 750$ on a GPU u can OC' and save a lot of cash (not sure how much)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom