Hyrbird crossfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
My new build should be coming all tomorrow, and with the biostar tforce ta790gx it comes with onboard video. I also bought a hd4850, so I was wondering, should I disable the onboard video, or should I use the "hybrid crossfire?"

Also, what exactly would I have to do for hybrid crossfire?

Hybrid Crossfire is for cards like the 4870X2, where it's two GPUs on one card. Since you only have a 4850, you won't need to enable that.

But you will need to disable the onboard video, and use the 4850.

No, Hybrid Crossfire is combing onboard graphics like 780g, 790gx with another ATI card. 4870x2 and 4850x2 are just dual gpu cards.

Hybrid crossfire only works with ATI 3400 series cards. So you can't with a 4850. And you won't have to disable onboard graphics, just install the 4850 and it will work.

Ahh good deal. Gt I read you've got the board already. How is it? Is ti a pretty decent overclocker? And I was reading in the reviews, the bottom pci-e slot is the master slot, is that causing any problems with having enough room since it's in the bottom slot vs the top slot?

Yea, it's pretty nice, and has plenty of overclocking features. I didn't get to push it to it's limit though, it's not my computer. I built it for my cousin's husband using a X4 940.

The PCI-E master slot is at the bottom, but I didn't have any problems with it. But the connections for the cases buttons and usb ports go near there, but didn't have any issues . And I used an Asus 4870 Dark Knight, which takes up two slots. Seemed fine, you'll be happy with it.

Sweet man sounds good. I am hoping I see a nice performance increase over my current rig in the signature. I remember when I first got this bad boy after being used to a P4 and omg I thought it flew. lol

Ha, I'm still using s939 4200+ with DDR400. It still holds up pretty good, but its a bottleneck for my 4870. I have a E6750 laying around, all I need is a good board for it and some DDR2 ram. But I don't feel like spending money on it, since my current rig games well.

Haha ****. I also read in the reviews that the BIOS it comes with is not up to snuff. Did you do a bios update on the board?

I didn't notice what bios version it was, but it did recognize the Phenom II. So, I don't know if the latest is on it. The disc with the motherboard drivers, has a bios flash program on it specifically for Biostar. So you could use that if you need to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom