HTPC help! Part 1 of 1241415

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
My dad needs an HTPC, love the guy to death, but his taste in PC parts is seriously skewed.
He asked me to put a "good 'ole' voodoo in his HTPC.

Seriously. lol.

Anyways, to the point. I'm in the process of picking out parts, and I recently won a EAH4350 Silent ASUS Vid Card. Not bad for an HTPC card.

i have two questions.

1) I can use this card (it has an HDMI) to use with his 56" HDMI 1080p LCD Screen right?
2) I am looking at this motherboard
Newegg.com - ECS Black Series A785GM-M AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
It contains a 4200, any way I can crossfire the two?
'
Finally, surprise third question! can anyone recommend a decent Motherboard, if this one isnt any good?

thanks!

1) yes you can connect that to his 56" LCD
2) no you can't crossfire w/ an integrated card.

2) no you can't crossfire w/ an integrated card.

You can, it's called Hybrid CrossFire, and that board supports it as it says in the desc:
You'll also have access to the most powerful and fastest video processing around when you install a discrete ATI video card that will work in conjunction with the onboard GPU for a unique Hybrid CrossFireX configuration.

Can anyone suggest a good cpu? I think the Phenom 940 would be a bit of an overkill cpu.
should i just get teh cheapest quad?

Can anyone suggest a good cpu? I think the Phenom 940 would be a bit of an overkill cpu.
should i just get teh cheapest quad?

Actually the Athlon II X4 620 sounds like it'd fit your needs, and for $100, it should be able to fit your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom