Hrrm I wonder...if an X1950XT will have enough power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Renowned Budgeting Master
I'm just curious if I were to sell my 7900GS for about 130 and then pay another 40 or 50 for an open box X1950XT if my cheap Rosewill 450w could run it. I know the X1950XT usues around the same power as an 8800GTS and i have heard that those can run on pretty low watts.

This PSU has 30 Amps combined on the rails and outputs it says a max 435w.

I doubt I would have problem with wattage as I don't run really too many extras.

I'm more worried if I would have the Amps to run it. All of the minimum specs I have seen say either 28 or 30 amps on the rails and a 450w PSU.

Even if it's just for a little while until I can get the Xclio 500w or something even.

The X1950XT blows a 7900GS out of the water and for only 40 bucks more after I sell my card thats a steal.

Take a look on ebay and see if you cant find a used x1900xt 512mb

They look to be selling for about 180 or so

I'm just curious if I were to sell my 7900GS for about 130 and then pay another 40 or 50 for an open box X1950XT if my cheap Rosewill 450w could run it. I know the X1950XT usues around the same power as an 8800GTS and i have heard that those can run on pretty low watts.

This PSU has 30 Amps combined on the rails and outputs it says a max 435w.

I doubt I would have problem with wattage as I don't run really too many extras.

I'm more worried if I would have the Amps to run it. All of the minimum specs I have seen say either 28 or 30 amps on the rails and a 450w PSU.

Even if it's just for a little while until I can get the Xclio 500w or something even.

The X1950XT blows a 7900GS out of the water and for only 40 bucks more after I sell my card thats a steal.

Any PSu can run any PC aslong as its above 350W for non SLI Setups, and about 450-500W for the Extreme Quad Core 4GB Ram SLI Setups. Dont worry about it.

X1950XT is super fast. It'll be fine.

Any PSu can run any PC aslong as its above 350W for non SLI Setups, and about 450-500W for the Extreme Quad Core 4GB Ram SLI Setups. Dont worry about it.

X1950XT is super fast. It'll be fine.

umm idk where you got that but its not right
it really depends on the amps on the rails
watts isnt a very good way to measure a psu true power
there is alot of 350 watt psus out there that owuldnt be able to power a system with a 1900xt

Sora,
I did have a Generic 600 Watt running 28Amps on the 12V and it Blew Big Time

BUT Now I have a Hiper 580Watt running 20Amps on Both rails (12V). Now I just can't get anything running BUT the powers fine.

X1950XT NEEDS 25-28Amps!!!!!!! so Tech support told me after my PSU Blew!!

regards,
Shaun.

So Sora,

Did u ever find out if your PSU ran the X1950XT? I'm just curious and oh yea does that gpu also run with a corsair 520HX? I'm just wondering about that. Any info would help thanks!

So Sora,

Did u ever find out if your PSU ran the X1950XT? I'm just curious and oh yea does that gpu also run with a corsair 520HX? I'm just wondering about that. Any info would help thanks!

isn't topic like really old, cuz i remember reading this b4, it doesn't matter because he got a new PSU after that the Ultra X-FInity

I'm running a X1950XT on a Vantec 520W, so that Corsair should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom