HP or GATEWAY AMD 64x2 4400+

Status
Not open for further replies.

tluv00

Solid State Member
Does anyone out there know if there is going to be a 4400 from Gateway or HP anytime soon? I am in the market for a new multimedia PC and I want an AMD 4400. There is a 4200 for both but if a 4400 is coming out I can wait. Thanks.

A 4400 is pretty high end. idk. A 3800 could easily overclock to a 4400 though so why not stick with one of those?

So if I went with the 4200 I would be getting a good PC? I can get one through work with a great discount and can use that discount to upgrade the standard video and audio card to something better. I basically want to use it for downloading movies and burning them, home videos and pictures as well as graduate studies for my wife. Should that fit the bill? Thanks.

That's cool. Will overclocking ruin any warranty and what side effects does it have? I am not that much of a computer geek (no offense intended) but I want to learn more. I also don;t want to build my own which a lot of people have told me to do. I would rather have the security of a warranty.

Yes it will ruin the warranty, i dont even believe its possible to oc pre-builts like gateway, or hp's. I dont think that they will be selling pc's with the x2 4400+. Try places like cyberpowerinc.com. monarchcomputers, for pc's that will have the x2 4400+.

I was on the HP website. I was looking at a reg. desktop with the 4400 vs the 4200 reg. For someone who will basically be downloading movies and burning, doing pics, schoolwork and internet surfing is the jump from 4200 to 440o necessary or should I save the $80 for something else?

That sounds like a plan. I will probably do the 4200, a 320 GB hard drive (160 x 2) upgrade the graphics and video card and get an external harddrive for backup and portability. The 4200 looks like it willl run fast enough and with 480 GB of harddrive space I should be fine. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom