HP Blackbird gets reviewed and benchmarked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHAHA I get 12591 on 3DMark06 with one GTX and they only get about 1400 more with two Ultras and an overclocked QX6800. I just find that funny.

Ya i saw them talking about it on G4 last night and the base system is 2500 bucks. I dont see how they can charge 2500 bucks for a machine that can easily be built for under 1500. Ah well, PT Barnum said it best, theres a sucker born every minute.

Ya i saw them talking about it on G4 last night and the base system is 2500 bucks. I dont see how they can charge 2500 bucks for a machine that can easily be built for under 1500. Ah well, PT Barnum said it best, theres a sucker born every minute.

Nice name Vdub!

And yes, I agree. I think it's rather funny.

I think it's cool to see these big companies building gaming rigs. I can't see these selling very well though. A good amount of people that are into PC gaming, as many of us "techies" are, will build their own rigs. We know that the HP Blackbird, as with Voodoo, Dell and Alienware, are overpriced. Sure they have fancy-pants watercooling, but that alone cannot justify the overpriced rig. Rigs can be built that can outperform their gaming configurations for quite a bit cheaper.

These will be sold to people with alot of money but have limited to no knowledge about building and configuring a computer. That or people that like to waste money or buy one for "bragging" rights. Even though I'd much rather say I built my own rig then bought HP's version of a high end gaming computer that doesn't perform well.

hey its how businesses work...i mean sure most people here can just build their own comp. but a lot of people out there dont want to deal with buying parts and putting it together. Too much of a bother you know? and hey, if they have the money and know its coming from a decent company, they'll automatically think its good and stuff.

mann it would be nice to build systems and sell them out...all of us can be rich by now!

You guys need to realize they used PCmark05 not 3Dmark06. Very different.
I'm willing to bet it would get over 20k in 3Dmark06

Actually, if you kept reading, they used PCMark95 AND 3DMark 06. That is what I was referring to. Read the whole article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom