Hows this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tro1086

In Runtime
Please check me for compatability and make sure im not getting any dud parts that i could do better switching for something else. Also, this is pretty much just a gaming machine, I dont really do anything else thats very intensive, burning CDs and DVDs would probably be the second most intensive thing I do. All from New Egg.

Case:
RAIDMAX X1 ATX-909WBP Black/ Silver 0.7mm Japanese SECC Body / Aluminum Faceplate ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450watts PS2 ATX12V SATA Ready Power Supply - Retail

Power Supply:
PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI-PFC ATX12V 510W Power Supply - Retail

Mother Board:
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3700BNBOX - Retail

RAM:
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Platinum System Memory Model OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K - Retail

Hard Drive:
SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series HD160JJ 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Graphics Card: (I know you guys will love this!)
eVGA 256-P2-N529-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Sound Card:
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS SB0350 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - OEM

Optical 1:
LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SOHD-16P9S Black - OEM

Optical 2:
LITE-ON Black IDE DVD Burner Model SOHW-1693S Black - Retail

Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/SP2 and MS Plus! - OEM

Hows that look for a sweet system?
Total comes to $1935. Well under my budget of $2300.

Thinking of upgrading the proc to an AMD 64 X2 4400 (Toledo core). That would put the price at $2208.

Let me know what you guys think? Am I forgetting anything important?

Thanks

well that X2 processor is top of the line and it will also be more future proof if game designers decide to make use of the dual cores.

everything else looks exellent.

Thats also what I was thinking, X2 would be more future proof and could be easily overclocked to 3700 single core speeds.

Anyone else please give me your opinions, im mostly looking for opinions on the RAM and MB but anything is appreciated!!!

Tro1086 said:

Sweet! Newegg finally started selling PC Power & Cooling PSUs. These are like the best you can get anywhere and Newegg hasn't sold them for the longest time. They have a 850 watt PSU with a 950 watt peak! It's so sweet [and expensive ($450 MFers!?!?!)].

17-703-001-04.JPG

Look at that mess of cables.

the mobo looks good the ram looks good everything looks good. i wish i can spend 2000 dollars on a computer. and get the x2

Allright guys, thanks for all the comments, looks like I chose a good set of parts! The only thing im not really sure on now is the case. Dose anyone have any experience with this case? If so is it good quality, average, or junk? Its not a super cheepo case so im thinking it should atleast be decent quality. The other case im looking at is an Aspire X-Plorer, its only 50 bucks but dosnt include a power supply which I already picked a better one anyway so thats a good thing, not wasting money on what I dont need.

So between the Aspire and the Raidmax which one do you guys think would be best? If anyone has any personal experience with either of these cases and could share their opinion, or even if you have never owned either but think one is superior the other, please fill me in!!

To Sport1031, I thought about getting that PC P&C 850watt PSU for a second, but decided it would just be overkill for the system, lol. I did read a review of PSUs on THG, someone posted the link on this fourm somewhere, and that 850 did beat the 510 in efficency, but its just too expensive, lol. If I was building a comp that really needed it thou, i wouldnt hesitate to get it, I love PC P&C PSU's.

Thanks everyone for looking at my thread!
Trevor

the case is more of a personal opinon. it really doesnt matter which one you go with a case is a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom