how's my computer for next gen gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
check sig. i dont know if i added it yet but i bought a 7900gt.

is the only thing leting me from max my processor.

your specs are still good for next gen gaming. It all depends what resolution you plan on playing on and how high you wanna turn up the settings. You might not be able to max out games like fear and oblivion, you can still play them and they'll look fine. Again it just depends on how detailed and good you want it to look. BTW there is always a chance to OC your processor. Also what are the clock speeds for the 7900?

For nex gen gaming you'll need a card like a G80 that's directx 10 compatible but they arent out yet, it'll blow the 7900s out of the water. Your rig i'll play all current games and any due out this year, but games due out after vista is released next year will be real nex gen games.

cub1971 said:
For nex gen gaming you'll need a card like a G80 that's directx 10 compatible but they arent out yet, it'll blow the 7900s out of the water. Your rig i'll play all current games and any due out this year, but games due out after vista is released next year will be real nex gen games.

that's right but the 7900gt will be able to play next gen games. they just won't look as good because it won't be able to utilize DX10, i think it's downscaled to DX9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom