Hows this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, as you can see on teh first page, I was about to buy a conroe. Then I realized that I just need to wait for AMD to rebound. They have been loyal providers to us for years, so why not give them a chance. I guess I will buy a AMD 64 3800, with the socket being AM2, so I can upgrade to a better AMD X2 or X3 later on. This brings me to my next question. Should I get an x1800xt oem, and wait for the next gen, or should I get the x1900xt right now?

x1900xt's are great cards. but with the incoming os vista, comes the new dx10. its the newest next gen gpu. when that comes out you will probably be able to get the x1900xt for almost half of the price. so if you can i say wait and then buy it. or just buy it now. the dx10 is going to be VERY pricey, and the 1900xt will be able torun anything you want it to for a very long time. so either wait and get it cheap or get it now.

DX10 :)
1140187909.jpg

my problem is waiting on DX 10, im definately going with a socket AM2 right now, so i can upgrade later on, plus it's cheaper. But i don't know wether to wait on DX 10 or not. How far will a DX 9 card go as far as games before they're totaly incompatible? And ive asked around on this and got a few different answers, when are DX 10 cards coming out?

YEARS. you do not need a dx10 card AT ALL. thats just crazy. you will be fine for at least a couple years with a good dx9 card. dx 10 is only for crazy people who need the latest and greatest as of now.

Ok. Will you need a DX 10 card to run Vista? Thats the only real thing holding me back. Im not interested in Vista as much as im interested in Halo2 vista.

So should I get a 7600GT and wait for step up to kick in before upgrading? Or should i just get me the x1900xt? What is more efficient when considering cost + effectiveness in games

7900GT. they are pretty much the same performance in 1280x1024 resolution. its only in the higher resolutions where the x1900xt pulls ahead.

Well than i think i wont wait on DX 10. I don't need super high end graphics, i just wanna be able to play games on reasonable settings with no lag, unlike the card i have now. I think it's a geforce 5200. I have to turn the settings all the way on low in every game i have, and most of them still lag :( And i play some older games like Halo pc C&C generals, and i recently got Americas army(got it for free on at fort knox on vacation :) ) I don't even try americas army anymore, it lags...
As far as Halo2 vista goes, as long as i can run it on at least medium so i can see all my bullets, and have good fps ill be fine. I plan on buying an x1900gt, i assume that should do me well for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom