How are your guys's amd 64 cpu temps so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I have an amd 64 3700+ cpu running at standard clocks. I get up to 46 degrees load with the ZALMAN CNPS7700 fan in an ambient temperature of 79 degrees. How is it that people can overclock majorly and still only have temps in the low 40's? Is my high temp an indication of a problem?

Even with my rather large fan I have zero overclocking room.

So the ambient temperature is 174.2f? Are you certain you are not talking about fereinheit degrees and not Celsius? Celsius is the main measure for temperature people use. If you use fereinheit everything looks out of wack.

Different heatsinks, paste, fans, cases, different voltages, etc.

46C (or F :p) is not a problem. That's fine.

good heatsinks, good airflow, good contact between CPU and heatsink. arctic silver helps for this.

my system:
AMD Sempron 2800+ at 2.0GHZ (stock = 1.6GHZ)
Thermaltake Sonic Tower + 2 x 120mm fans + arctic silver 5

maximum temp = 32ºC, at 100% load
temperature right now = 26ºC

I have 3200 venice core that I overclocked form 2.0 ghz to 2.4 which almost no change in temperature. Mine is around 35 degrees celcius idel and around 40 degrees celcius under load. So im surprised your having heat issues especially with the 3700 becuase that is suposed to be a great overclocker. I wouldnt start to worry unless my processor was around 55 degrees celcius.

apokalipse said:
good heatsinks, good airflow, good contact between CPU and heatsink. arctic silver helps for this.

my system:
AMD Sempron 2800+ at 2.0GHZ (stock = 1.6GHZ)
Thermaltake Sonic Tower + 2 x 120mm fans + arctic silver 5

maximum temp = 32ºC, at 100% load
temperature right now = 26ºC

Hey apoc, how did you get the little o for degree =P

Mine's 27C idle, overclocked to 2.8GHz :amazed:

temps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom