How to Test Video Card and CPU To see if It still runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetahammy

Baseband Member
Hey guys since my mobo got fried recently.. I've been trying to figure out if my video card and CPU were affected or not.. So that way I can either tell a white lie and RMA or order new parts.

Well I went to my friends house who has a socket AM2 MOBO also and I brought my video card and cpu to his place and this is what happened.

I plugged in the video card turned on the power but nothing would appear on montior. If the monitor cable was not plugged in there would be a sign saying check signal cable. And if it was plugged in and turned on the power the screen remained blank and the power light would blink on and off.

As for the CPU.. I have no idea how to test it since i didn't see anything post lol but When i did turn on the computer everything seemed to run properly...well by listening to it. like all the PSU turned on.. fans in case went on.. HDD was rotating... and fan on video card was running.

If you guys know anyway to check or if you know whats going on with what i've been telling you... anything would help. Thanks!

well the cpu and the vid card or just one of them is screwed.... if it didn't work.... that or that motherboard doesn't support that cpu, or u forgot to plugin ur video card pci-e power adaptor... but ask some1 smarter on the forum...

sounds like the vid card might have a prob since nuthing was on the screen. also isnt am2 the right slot for brisbanes? cpu im not really sure how to chek. unless u try run computer with ur cpu and his video card and see what happens

First I have to wonder how and why you think your motherboard is fried? Your obvious inexperience leads me to believe you're jumping to conclusions.

That PCIe video card should power up on any board with a PCIe slot. If you have no video on another board....guess what? Card is a frisbee!!

It's using the same chip as the GS but clocked to GT speeds. And I think it's cheaper than the GT. I guess basically, it's an overclocked 7600GS. But I believe the 7600GTS has GDDR3 memory, like the GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom