How to stop my RAM OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
so today i got my AMD64 x2 4200 and my tuniq 120 and AS5. installed it all and ive got it at about 2.52Ghz and its still very cool so i can go higher (this corer also seem pretty coverclockable) BUT, im stuck my DDR400 ram conks out at over 230Mhz and its runniing at that now, everytime i increase the CPU freq the RAM does to, is there a way to stop the RAM from doing this? i checked the bios but i dunno what that kinda feature would be called?

ALSO the tuniq JUST about fit lol the top is touching the side of my case lol

its suppose to increase along with it. When you increase your CPU FSB, your ram increases also thus making it overclock. You have to downclock it if yo want to keep it down.

What FSB are you running right now? With a DDR400 RAM, 200MHz is the right frequency for a 1:1 ratio without Ocing the RAM.

yeah i supose ill have to underclock to 333, its at a 1:1 coz by defualt its 200Mhz for cpu and RAM. at the moment its 230 for both, but the CPU has the 11x multiplyer.

ok so i underclocked it to 166 and now my CPU is at 2.71Ghz per core, (stock is 2.2Ghz) and boy what an amazing chip it is, from 2.2 to 2.7 and i i havnt touched the voltagage, and temps are at about 36 idle and 52-58 MAX (max being orthos,firefox,steam,coretemp,winrar,cpu-z,and task manager) all running at once. these temps seem ok?

set it so that the cpu is 2:1 or however you want it, that way you can increase the cpu's fsb, but keep the ram low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom