How should I go about installing 6800gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
There is no 6800GS there will be a 7800GS AGP only but the 6800GS will be PCIE16 only, thats what i heard :confused:

Trust me its real, the link you showed me in the other thread even had a 6800gs agp lol, I guess you just didnt see it.

As for a 7800gs AGP card, even if it does happen it sounds like a stupid investment. Why blow 600 bucks on an AGP card when you can upgrade to a pcie mobo for that price, it makes no sense! I went with the evga 6800 gs agp card in hopes that it will extend my comps life another 2 years or so being able to play games on at least medium settings.

Mr_Threepwood said:
As for a 7800gs AGP card, even if it does happen it sounds like a stupid investment. Why blow 600 bucks on an AGP card when you can upgrade to a pcie mobo for that price, it makes no sense! I went with the evga 6800 gs agp card in hopes that it will extend my comps life another 2 years or so being able to play games on at least medium settings.
Mayb because AGP offers no performance increase over PCI-E as yet. This is because the cards only utilize a fraction of the bandwidth offered by PCI-E and they don't even use all of the bandwidth given by AGP 8X.

Well i pulled that number out of thin air, and I'm canadian so i was thinking canadian dollars. However Id imagine it will have a ridiculous price still, look at the 6800ultra card and how much it was going for on the AGP version.

also howd you get a random sig picture to appear pzero? I noticed when i refreshed a few times the background on ur sig changes.

my guesss is that the 7800gs will not cost more than 400 (i would probably say around 350) And thats 350 bucks for card, or i could spend close to 900 on buying new ram, a motherboard, a processor, and a video card. I'd prefer just the video card.

Yeah...If the 6800gs is about 200 7800gs will be 300ish. It's better to go for the card rather than getting a new system and having to go through the trouble of re-installing the OS and what not......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom