How is my gaming laptop build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
I was going to go the Alienware route but a knowledgeable computer sciense major, whose a friend of mine, discourage me from doing so and recommended piece making a desktop. However, I don't know THAT much about computers and I wanted a laptop. Needless to say I did ALOT of research, learning alot btw, and here i what I cam up with. It is a custom build from cyberpowerpc.com how would it compete with Alienwares m18x? other desktops?

ADAPTER:Clevo Full Range AC Adapter 300W, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC Output 20V, 15A

BAGS:Free Deluxe Carrying Bag for 17 Inch Notebook

BATTERY:Clevo Removable Polymer Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack 78.44Wh

BLUETOOTH:Built-in Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR module

CD:6X Blu-ray Reader/8X DVD±R/2.4X + DL Super-Multi Drive (NB-351-BLURAY) [+120]

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-980 3.33 GHz Six Cores 12M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366 [+294]

FLASHMEDIA:Built-In 9in1 Media Reader

FREEBIE_VC:FREE Just Cause 2 Game Coupon [+0]

GEAR1:CoolerMaster SF-19 Strike Force Gaming Notebook Cooler [+78]

HDD:128 GB ADATA S501 V2 SATA III 6.0G/s Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Single Hard Drive)

HDD2:750GB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive [+36]

HDD3:None

HDMI:Built-in HDMI-Out Port

IEEE_CARD:Built-in IEEE-1394b Firewire Port

INVERTER:None

KEYBOARD:Built-in Keyboard

MEMORY:12GB (4GBx3) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Triple-Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

MONITOR:None

MOPAD1:Thermaltake eSports Dasher Gaming Pad [+15]

MOTHERBOARD:Intel X58 Express Chipset Mainboard

MOUSE:Roccat Pyra 5-Buttons Plus Wheel Gaming Mouse [+28]

NETWORK:Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Network Card

NOTEBOOK:Clevo X7200 Notebook 17.3" FHD 16:9 1920x1080 Display w/ 2.0 MP Webcam, HDMI Port, 802.11n Wireless, IEEE-1394b, Clevo Li-Ion Battery, & Clevo AC Adapter

NOTEBOOK_COVER:X7-Xtreme Notebook Cover - Original Metallic Black

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Ultimate [+105] (64-bit Edition)

RAID:Non-RAID Storage

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

SECURITY:Built-in Biometric Fingerprint Sensor

SERVICE:STANDARD 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:Built-in 3D Premium Surround Sound

SPEAKERS:Razer Ferox Mobile Gaming 2.0 Speaker [+52]

SURGE1:Ultra U12-40551 Smart 6 Outlet Surge Protector [+36]

TVRC:None

UPS1:OPTI-UPS ES1000C 1000VA/700W Uninterruptible Power Supply [+149]

USB:Built-in 3x USB2.0 Ports + 2x USB3.0 Ports

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

VIDEO:2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM Video in SLI Mode

VIDEOCAMERA1:Built-in 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera

WNC:Killer Wireless-N 1103 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi Card [+14]

_PRICE:(+3362)

my budget is 3,500. Anyone got anything better they could show me? It must be a laptop ofcourse, pretty much I am trying to get the best laptop EVER.

You really don't want to buy anything from that company. That and IBuyPower.com I've heard nothing but bad things about. If you REALLY want a laptop look at Sager. (Even though a desktop is going to be much more powerful and if you're serious about gaming you should get a desktop) They make quality high-end laptops.

custom gaming laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks

Sager laptops are also wicked expensive. Although I'm not saying every laptop is going to have this issue. My friends laptop (to be fair it had SLI video cards) actually melted from the heat it produced. Seems like if you're going to sell laptops with SLI videos cards you would figure out a way to addresse your case material melting.

But like he said, get a desktop if you want it for gaming mostly. Also don't buy from either of those companies. I have also heard A LOT of bad things about them.

yikes! can't have that, I am getting a cooling pad that has 2 140mm fans on it. And who would you recommend I buy from?

The asus looks nice but I am truly looking for the ultimate desktop replacement, you see, I would love to use this thing for auto-cad among other things like gaming, but quite frankly I need the most powerful laptop in existence. The sager 7282, there are a few other rebrands, but the the most part this system seems to be the most powerful. It supports three hard drives, intells 990x processor and 12g of ram.

What is this communities thoughs on Xoticpc.com? Their site looks good, any bad rep?

thanks.

They're resellers, it seems like most of them are ..it doesn't mean theyre bad though but I've heard a lot of bad things about them as well. Maybe try falcon-nw, they're pricey though but they seem within your price range. I don't really know much about them though.

Well I want to keep it under 4,000. but I would prefer 3,500 but it all depends. the Falconnorthwest blue laptop has the same body style, and I think its the same computer, as the sager 7282 but the sager is alot cheaper. Same hardware options as well

yeah I think they're resellers as well but they just have a better reputation than xoticpc but xoticpc is a lot cheaper so that's a plus

Re: *READ FIRST* Updated Power supply guide

I am new here, new to computers as well, so please don't blast me for necroing this 5 month old post because I believe I have something to add :)

I am in the market for a gaming computer, to be specific I am looking at the sager np7280/ clevo x7200/ maingear titan/ northwest eagal blue thing/ whatever its called, its the biggest and bestest laptop power platform that I can find and I would very much like it. Among gaming I would love to use if for auto-cad and other things that require speed, rendering capability, AND mobility.

So, The system I have setup through cyberpowerpc.com has intells 990x, duel radeon 6990's, blue ray player, 12g of ddr3 ram, 2x 120g ssd with RAID O, 750g normal harddrive, 4x 120mm fans I think, and a 300 watt standered powersupply! the battery itself is an 8cell lithium battery

By now you know where I am going. Will this laptop, obviously with desktop class hardware, need way more than the 300watt power supply that comes with it? or is it different than a desktop and I need not worry? if I do, where and how do I go about getting a 1000 or more watt power supply for this computer?

What about attaching more than one screen to run games?And i am trying to stay under 4,000.

heres a link.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X7_Xtreme_S1_Notebook/

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom