How much would this cost me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mina-tastic

Beta member
It's been a while since I've built a computer. I'm currently running a 1800 Mhz AMD xp, radeon 9500 pro, 512 mb ddr333 (was originally a gig, but one of the sticks got corrupted), and it's starting to show it's age in computer games.

I'm looking for something that I can use for gaming, and heavy photoshopping/digital photography. I want to be able to run AOE3, and the new Unreal Tournament when it comes out. I usually run things at max settings on 1024x768. I'm not a bit graphics junkie and running the game smoothly is more important than running it looking very nice, but I want it to be powerful enough to last me for a while.

Also, I recently realized the 20gb hardrive I use for my operating system is ata100, rather than the ata133 I thought it was. Would I get a significant/noticable improvement if I switched that to a serial ata 150?

I already have a case, monitor, etc, so all I need is a mobo/processor/ram/videocard/powersupply. The computer I'm using now cost me $600 to build, and at the time was able to run everything at 1600x1200 at max settings. Doesn't seem like $600 is a realistic budget anymore :/

Anyhoo, suggestions welcome. Thanks!

MSI K8N motherboard
AMD 3200+ Venice core
OCZ, Crucial, Kingston, Geil, or PQi DDR400
eVga 6600GT or 6800GS video card

Yes, you will notice a bit of a difference with SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom