How much power?

MerlinX

Beta member
This may seem like an entirely noobish question, but I'm currently in the market for a new video card. I stumbled upon the astonishingly affordable MSI AMD Radeon HD7770: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089KJRLG/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=09Y4C21P59PR845H2X3A&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

I'm running an AMD 760G motherboard with the AMD Vishera FX-4300 chipset. I have a 500 watt power supply, and was wondering if it would be enough to support said videocard. I'm novice at best when it comes to building and haven't been in the game for very long.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated :D

~ Rob

Unsure of the brand. I salvaged it from another machine. I was looking at the 750ti, but i need to know how much wattage i need to support such a graphics card with my given mobo and chipset. I was estimating somewhere around 450 - 650, but i'm not entirely sure.

I just looked at the wattage requirements for the 750ti. Its about 300w. Thank you so much for steering me in that direction.

But that's not everything. If you have a cheap PSU that states 500w it'll be stating peak wattage and most of the time won't even be able to produce that much. A good 500w will easily handle most anything, but a cheap one could pop at any moment with even a little load.

Back
Top Bottom