How much power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsoul

In Runtime
I plan on buying either Corsair or PC Power&Cooling PSU due to their 5yr warranties, reputations in this forum, and reviews. The question is what power output should I get. I currently have a 300w stock psu from prebuilt computer, and it has to be running > 90% load given the components that came with it. 4gb 800mhz ram, phenom x4 9150e, 500gb HD. I tried installing another HD but computer wouldn't turn on, I got nothing. My assumption was the PSU, and when I asked a tech about it, they were surprised that it ran with my current components.

I plan on buying a BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
a phenom II x4 of some type, higher speed ram with intent of underclocking, maybe a low to mid-range graphics card, a 2nd HD, and Overclocking is in my future.

What do you think would be sufficient power given those future components?

I was considering CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7

Help is appreciated :)

Thats good to know being as I don't really plan on doing the whole crossfire thing, so i could probably drop it down to a 500-550w without worry correct?

Thats good to know being as I don't really plan on doing the whole crossfire thing, so i could probably drop it down to a 500-550w without worry correct?

Depending on the graphics card you get. If it's a strong 500w, you'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom