How much is my rig worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradS

Baseband Member
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place for this but if it isn't, feel free to move it to the appropriate location. :)

Anyways, I have decided to sell my gaming computer in anticipation of buying and building a new computer once ivybridge is released (680 graphics, z77 mobo, etc.) I just need some help on pricing my computer as I know my motherboard is no longer available at retail but I paid around $300 for it when I built this computer.

Here are the parts:

CPU: Core i7 930 (Have it O/C to 3.8 Ghz)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900ALED Copper Heatsink with Fan
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870
Motherboard: Asus P6X58D Premum Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 6 GB (3 x 2 GB) Triple Channel Memory @ 1600 Mhz
PSU: Corsair HX750 750 Watt Power Supply Unit
Case: Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower Computer Case
SSD: Crucial M4 64 GB SSD
HDD: WD Caviar Black 7200 RPM 750 GB HDD
DVD Burner: Asus 24x DVD Burner
Blu-Ray: Asus Blu-Ray Player (Not burner)
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

All of these parts were purchased new and I am the one and only owner of the computer. I know I can get at least $1k out of this rig but I'm looking for a range. I'm thinking of at least 1.4k to 1.5k? Many of these parts are less than a couple months old and the rest are within a year to year and a half. Everything runs cool and stable and there has not been any problems with the computer.

One thing to note is that the computer can get an average of ~ 25 fps in Heaven 3.0 with every single setting on max. That means all AA and tessellation as well as other settings are all at the highest they will go at 1080p. Not too bad imo. :)

Well looking up the used prices myself...I found this.

Core i7 930 ($229.99)
Zalman cnps9900aled ($79 new ; probably 40 to 50 used)
XFX Radeon 6870 (175 new ; probably 130 or so used)
Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard (140 to 150+ used)
G.Skill Ripjaws 6 GB (3 x 2 GB) DDR3 RAM (66 new ; 40+ used)
Corsair HX750 PSU (130 used)
Antec Twelve Hundred Case (100+ used)
M4 64gb ssd (85 new ; 60 to 70 used) <--only 1 month old
WD caviar black 750 gb HDD (140 used)
Asus 24x dvd burner (20 new ; 10 to 15 used)
Asus Blu-Ray Player (60 new ; 40+ used) <--- only 1 month old
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (worth 140...)

I'm coming to at least $1200 used based on these figures. These prices come from a variance of Amazon and ebay used and new... Not sure where you got $700 from but in today's market, the parts can be sold for these prices. I guess I answered my own question... -_-

Because we know how much whole used computers go for. If you parted out everything you MAY get that much for it, but most people who would buy something like that would rather spend the cash and get new parts.

For instance, with a 580 and 2500k my rig would probably only go for about 1000, maybe 1200. That would be on Craigslist where I would get a ton of emails asking to part.

My i5 750 setup with 465 was going to go for 550 before I got this setup and changed my mind on selling. I even had water cooling in that rig. For 1200 somebody could literally go to Newegg and build a new 2500k setup, so they wont pay that much for a gen old 930 setup. Not trying to be rude, but just telling the truth.

the highest i would go would be $750, and thats only because you have a SSD.

my computer is worth about $1000. AND i have two 6970s.

you can get way more for it if you part it out...

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place for this but if it isn't, feel free to move it to the appropriate location. :)

Anyways, I have decided to sell my gaming computer in anticipation of buying and building a new computer once ivybridge is released (680 graphics, z77 mobo, etc.) I just need some help on pricing my computer as I know my motherboard is no longer available at retail but I paid around $300 for it when I built this computer.

Here are the parts:

CPU: Core i7 930 (Have it O/C to 3.8 Ghz)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900ALED Copper Heatsink with Fan
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870
Motherboard: Asus P6X58D Premum Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 6 GB (3 x 2 GB) Triple Channel Memory @ 1600 Mhz
PSU: Corsair HX750 750 Watt Power Supply Unit
Case: Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower Computer Case
SSD: Crucial M4 64 GB SSD
HDD: WD Caviar Black 7200 RPM 750 GB HDD
DVD Burner: Asus 24x DVD Burner
Blu-Ray: Asus Blu-Ray Player (Not burner)
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

All of these parts were purchased new and I am the one and only owner of the computer. I know I can get at least $1k out of this rig but I'm looking for a range. I'm thinking of at least 1.4k to 1.5k? Many of these parts are less than a couple months old and the rest are within a year to year and a half. Everything runs cool and stable and there has not been any problems with the computer.

One thing to note is that the computer can get an average of ~ 25 fps in Heaven 3.0 with every single setting on max. That means all AA and tessellation as well as other settings are all at the highest they will go at 1080p. Not too bad imo. :)

You could probably get that much through craigslist, possibly eBay. We tend to give low prices since we are geeks who know how the value of used, non-leading edge hardware drops like a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom