How much can I save upgrading my computer on Black Friday and Cyber Monday - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default How much can I save upgrading my computer on Black Friday and Cyber Monday

So I put my computer up on craigslist a month ago for $800(I would take lowest $750 or so) just to see if anyone would bite, a few offers, but none serious. I had this setup in mind, and then keep the rest of the money.

Today I got an email from someone saying they would give me $500 for it, this got me thinking of how close black friday was, now I am wondering how much can I save building a computer if I buy my electronics then.

So say I can save around $100, I would sell it for $700, or $650 if I dont feel like keeping the change.

How much can I save around my price range?
-I am keeping the SSD and HDD

Old 11-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: How much can I save upgrading my computer on Black Friday and Cyber Monday

There's never any telling what will be on sale. Sometimes sale leaks come out but they are only days away from Black Friday.

Also, I'd scrap the idea and just upgrade your GPU. A lot of work for nothing really.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: How much can I save upgrading my computer on Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
There's never any telling what will be on sale. Sometimes sale leaks come out but they are only days away from Black Friday.

Also, I'd scrap the idea and just upgrade your GPU. A lot of work for nothing really.
I am thinking the same thing, a lot of work for nothing... I could count on saving $50 probably
Old 11-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

Well, the i5 as good as it is I don't think the bump will warrant the work involved unless you get a K and Z97 board for the features like M.2. I say this because you're already at 4.4.

The board, although an upgrade, I just don't see the point, and the PSU is a step backwards. I'd say **** everything and just get a 970.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote