How Many Watts Do I Need for this Desktop?

I'm running the Desktop in my specs on a 520w PSU - OC'd CPU/GPU. If you get a quality you (such as SeaSonic, Corsair's higher-end stuff, EVGA or XFX's higher end stuff, etc.) then you'll be fine with a 550w PSU.

I'm running the Desktop in my specs on a 520w PSU - OC'd CPU/GPU. If you get a quality you (such as SeaSonic, Corsair's higher-end stuff, EVGA or XFX's higher end stuff, etc.) then you'll be fine with a 550w PSU.

Yeah so far I found an EVGA gold certified 750 watt PSU. I wont be OCing or running xfire or sli. That said, you're saying I can downgrade to a 550 watt PSUA and still be fine with my build?

So if I decide to buy a K mobo to OC or upgrade parts in the future, a 550 watt PSU should be sufficient?

Last edited:
Yeah so far I found an EVGA gold certified 750 watt PSU. I wont be OCing or running xfire or sli. That said, you're saying I can downgrade to a 550 watt PSUA and still be fine with my build?

So if I decide to buy a K mobo to OC or upgrade parts in the future, a 550 watt PSU should be sufficient?

Yes.

I'm running a 4690k OC'd to 4.5Ghz + GTX 970 SC (factory-overclocked) off of my Corsair 520hx.

Back
Top Bottom