How many amps will my 560ti GPU pull from my PSU?

No it doesn't! I have tried to run it. No futuremark product is yet.

Furmark runs on 8

Ok, I pre-tested Furmark on my Intel i5 2500k rig first. That is a strange test indeed. My 6870 got up to 87 c during the stability test.

Ok, what test should I run on the 560Ti?

Benchmark?
Stability?
Extreme Burn?
Furmark 1.7?

Gosh, I am totally new to this. I hope you don't laugh at me or make fun of me, but tonight was the first time I ever tested a GPU.

Is there any chance I might damage my GPU or system? I seems as if it places components under extreme tests and temps.

Soar

EDIT: Ok, I tried the Furmark on this GTX 560Ti. I think they should rename this Furmark software to "Turn your GPU into a very, very hot oven."

After about 5 minutes on the Stability Test, the temps went from 44c up to 79c [174f]. The back plate [where the connectors for the monitor go] was so hot I could not touch it.

The GPU even began to emit an odor I have never smelled before...if I would have to describe the smell, I would have to say "baked electrical components."

I think I could have easily fried an egg on it, and I am not joking or exaggerating.

The air coming out the back vent of the GPU literally felt like a space heater.

I shut it down before it got even hotter.

Whew! What now?

Did this test prove anything that I can take away?

Soar

79c isn't really hot at all. When doing it you were supposed to see how much heat was coming from the PSU, not the GPU. You only have to worry about GPU temps when they start getting around 90c. Do the Furmark test again and put your GPU fan at 100% so it doesn't get so warm. You just need to stress the PSU to see how warm it gets. It shouldn't get that warm.

79c isn't really hot at all. When doing it you were supposed to see how much heat was coming from the PSU, not the GPU. You only have to worry about GPU temps when they start getting around 90c. Do the Furmark test again and put your GPU fan at 100% so it doesn't get so warm. You just need to stress the PSU to see how warm it gets. It shouldn't get that warm.

Ok, thank you. I did place my hand on the PSU during the test. It was surprisingly cool and the air coming out of it was cool, not even warm. Cool as a cucumber.

I will try it again with fan up 100%.

Thanks again!

Soar

Fan on the GPU doesn't really matter. The point of the test was to see if the PSU was getting overloaded. If it wasn't then you have nothing to worry about.

Fan on the GPU doesn't really matter. The point of the test was to see if the PSU was getting overloaded. If it wasn't then you have nothing to worry about.

PP Mguire,

Ok, thanks again. Well the PSU did not overload and it did not even get warm. So I suppose you have helped me to discover the answer to my original question, which was whether or not the Ultra 600 would work in this rig.

It does work and now I realize I will leave it in because it does get the job done.

Have a wonderful day guys and thanks again for helping me to discover how to test components and discover what works and what does not work.

Soar

Back
Top Bottom