How many amps will my 560ti GPU pull from my PSU?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a new generic GTX 560 Ti from Geeks.com for $130. Not sure what brand name it is, but they included a Zotac install disc with it.

Trying to find out if a Ultra 600 Watt PSU will do the job.

I put everything together and it all works fine, but I have not done any gaming whatsoever.

I photographed some of the specs on the box because it did not seem to add up correctly.

Anyhow, will this Ultra LS 600 do the job for my new 560 Ti?

Please help me.

I have a other new PSU's but would like to use the Ultra if it will get the job done.

If it doesn't get the job done, which one of these would you recommend:

Corsair TX550M Enthusiast Modular
Corsair TX750M Enthusiast Modular

I am trying to save money on this build, but also need it to work well.

Here's the other new components:

Zalman 120 SSD $53
MSI 890FXA-GD 65 $44
AMD 965 BE $65
DVD Burner Free
Windows 8 free
MSI Raptor $15
Patriot 1600 DDR3 RAM 8GB $20
Ultra LS 600 $9
GTX 560Ti $130

Mailed in lots of rebates but the cost seems good.

Total: $337

Soar

PS Yes, my shoes do squeak when I walk...View attachment 5403

Attachments

• Ultra 600 Watt.jpg
    Ultra 600 Watt.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 30
The minimum recommended PSU for the 560ti is 550w. You have enough combined 12v amps for this card and the rest of your system. I wouldn't OC your card though unless you decide to get a better PSU.

The minimum recommended PSU for the 560ti is 550w. You have enough combined 12v amps for this card and the rest of your system. I wouldn't OC your card though unless you decide to get a better PSU.

PPMquire,

Thank you for replying to my post and answering my question.

Ok, I suppose I must install the Corsair TX550M Enthusiast Modular then?

I only paid about $35 for it, so it will cost me more, but better safe rather than sorry I suppose.

The only game I tried on this rig was the Windows 8 Pinball. Everything worked well, but I do not think that game is very CPU/GPU intensive...

Soar

No it isn't. I don't think it is necessary to install another PSU at this moment. If the Corsair is new I would take it back and get the 650w model.

No it isn't. I don't think it is necessary to install another PSU at this moment. If the Corsair is new I would take it back and get the 650w model.

Ok, I suppose I misunderstood you.

Since we last spoke, here is what i did:

I tested the system by playing Crysis, Delta Force, etc. Everything seems to work just fine.

I have not put these components in the case yet with all the fans [please see pic, with cobwebs and all].

Are you saying I will be ok with the Ultra LS 600 even after I install everything into a case with 3 case fans?

Soar

Attachments

• AMD 965 Black Edition 2.jpg
    AMD 965 Black Edition 2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
Since you have it like that put it under a full stress test. Throw 3dmark 11 at it and run under the Xtreme profile. Put your hand behind the PSU (where the air would come out of the back) and tell me how warm it gets. If it only gets a little warm you should be ok. I personally think you'll be fine.

Since you have it like that put it under a full stress test. Throw 3dmark 11 at it and run under the Xtreme profile. Put your hand behind the PSU (where the air would come out of the back) and tell me how warm it gets. If it only gets a little warm you should be ok. I personally think you'll be fine.

Thanks again for caring and helping me out on this.

PP Mguire, will 3dmark 11 work on Windows 8 Consumers Review 64-bit?

Soar

Back
Top Bottom