How long will DX9 last me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
So we all know that direct x 10 is about to hit the market, and that it's going to drop prices in dx 9 cards. Im thinking about buying a 7950 or 1950 if they drop enough, but heres my question. How long will i be able to use direct x 9 before games start to require DX10?

Have you found a game today that refuses to play on an FX5950 or a Radeon 9800 Pro, the last of the DX8 cards?

I don't know i don't have either of those. Ive only been onto the computer scene for about 2 years now, and my first computer had an nvidia 5800 on it. But if im reading this right it sounds like your saying that they will last me a pretty long time, compatability wise. Sounds good, i may just get one of those after christmas.

The General said:
Have you found a game today that refuses to play on an FX5950 or a Radeon 9800 Pro, the last of the DX8 cards?

That's exactly it. Game makers would be completely foolish if they released games that only ran on DX10. How many people would actually buy the game if it only supported DX10? Not many, because not many people will actually have DX10 vid cards after they are released.

You know now that i think about it, i don't think the prices will drop enough for me to go for a 7950. I may buy a 7900/1900.

The General said:

FX5950 and Radeon 9800 Pro are DX9 cards, not DX8

maroon1 said:
FX5950 and Radeon 9800 Pro are DX9 cards, not DX8

Oops, oh well. As you can tell, all this DirectX stuff doesn't really play a roll in my gaming at all. OpenGL 1.5/2.0, etc. is what I care about. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom