How long will the 3700+ last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be nice to actually be able to run fear on something other than low. Be glad with what you have.

ya, i must say it was a big jump from my manufactured compaq... it used to only play fear on low, i'm not trying to say i'm not satisfied, because i really am, i'm greatful i was able to buy that card, and i'm actually really shocked it performs so well.. i expected less... but after playing with 2 7800 gtx 512... i just feel so inferior....

Heh. Must have been nice to play on 2 7800GTX 512's. How could that person of afforded those?

he's a loan officer with his dad... and he's only 19... he's so lucky.... he bought a 5000 alienware computer..... fx57, 2gb ram... 2x200gb hard drive, water cooled, dual 512 7800gtx's... i'm so jealous... his computer ran fear 1600x1200 full blast flawlessly... it was so amazing... the only thing he needs is a 10,000 rpm hard drive and his computer would be perfect for me... but he feels pretty bad with the ati 1900xtx's being out, and the fx-60's... he feels he wasnt on top of the game long enough.. and that he WON'T be upgrading to the g80 cuz if he does he wasted his money on his 7800's

for the moment.. yes i would have to agree.. they are overkill.. i really don't think there is a pc game today that could utilize that whole card... and it seems like these 2006 games are gonna be too much for it... so it makes me wonder why get them?

Well, Nvidia probably made a decent ammount of money off of them since they are just regular 7800GTX's with 512MB. Big difference however, is its like $800 for one. SLI would be about $1600. WOW.

a 3700+ is going to last you a long time. Think about it like this... A pentium 4 1.8ghz was out when? Like 2001? That was 5 years ago, and it is finally at the bottom of the heap for gaming. I'd say it'll go 3 years strong at least. I plan on keeping my 3000+ all the way through college, and I'm a Freshman.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom