How long before my computer is too outdated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Well this summer i had planned to do some upgrading to my computer. Unfortunately i have to buy a car, and that leaves no room for spending this summer. So im looking at upgrading this fall, say octoberish. How far behind will i be? My plan was originally to slowly put parts in over time to all ways keep up with technology. So this fall what all am i going to be looking at in order to get the rig in my signature back up to med-high end?

So those are still going to be my best options this fall? Will my motherboard support penryn? how far off is ddr3?

If your going to be buying later buy the things that dont go out of date now like a case, moniter, PSU, keyboard/mouse, lighting, ya know whatever doesn't get old every few months. You may be suprised how much of a computer you can build without building one.

Ok,i think i didn't make it very clear what i was asking. I already have my computer built, it's in my sig. My question is what I'll need to upgrade this fall in order to make it a mid-high end pc then, not now. My thinking was that penryn or k10 will be the requirement, and maybe ddr3, and newer DX 10 graphics cards. At this point all i would need to buy is like an 8800gts and maybe a q6600 when the price drops, but what will i need this fall? will my motherboard be outdated? ram?

Mainly you are looking at the video card and it would be a good computer since the E6300 is plenty fast enough to handle games and will be plenty fast enough.

The video card is your number one priority and you can hold off on the CPu and motherboard for a while.

The way I would do it is purchase an 8800GTS 320 or something like it first, then a new PSU to go along with it (a budget one maybe 50-60 bucks) and then after you could toss a quad-core into your DS3 and it would be fine. The motherboard is outclassed by the DS3R right now but a Q6600 will run just fine in it as well as DDr2 ram will still be the standard for a while.

the technology of yoru computer should only really matter on the games you play like after i get a system that will handle bioshock and crysis im not gonna need anything beter for awhile as im one of those people who plays there game for awhile and get the most out of it so just get a q6600 or an e6850 and maybe an 8800gtx as by the fall it will defenatly have lowerd in price and then you should be ok dont worry about penryn or k10 they both will be very $$$$

the computer i currently use still has a P4. it's my dad's but he is gonna get a C2D when he goes back to work. and the gpu is a 7600GS.

lol...i know it sucks.

dont slowly biuld a computer because ur parts will get old. its better to wait and get everything at once.

Well this summer i had planned to do some upgrading to my computer. Unfortunately i have to buy a car, and that leaves no room for spending this summer. So im looking at upgrading this fall, say octoberish. How far behind will i be? My plan was originally to slowly put parts in over time to all ways keep up with technology. So this fall what all am i going to be looking at in order to get the rig in my signature back up to med-high end?
How long is a piece of string?

It really depends how you use it, and what you want to use it for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom