how to install a hd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
I just pruchased a seagate barracude sata3.0 hd, and was wondering what was the best program to use to partition it? I know theres stuff like datalifeguard, but i thinks thats for western digital, isnt it? Anyways, i was jsut curious, cause my last drive went bad.

Also, is there anything special i should do to it? Thanks.

i just use my windows disk too

make sure if its your only hd that u set the jumper (little black plastic thinger on the back that connects 2 metal prongs) correctly! it should be set to CS (cable select) or Master

cwiz, its an sata drive, and sata are on their own channel. So the only jumpers are to set it from sata150 to sata3.0.

its my third hd in the system. I have a 60gb ide hd running linux, a 300gb sata hd that had windows xp but went bad and im now trying to salvage data off of it, and i have the 320gb sata hd im using now.

I was just being cautious because my last one went bad. And i went the easy/long way and partitioned it with the xp setup disc, and i didnt choose quick, so it took about 2 or 3 hours. But thanks for your help guys.

you basically divide your one hard drive into "two", or more, hard drives, like u no when u go to my computer and u see ur hard drive tehre C: now lets say u put in a second hard drive, which will most liekly be E:. now if u Partition that 1 hard drive (E:) into 2 hard drives, when u go to my computer u will see hard drive C: E: and F:. and u can pick how big you want E: and F: to be, so lets say that second hard drive u bought has 40GB storage, u can make E: have 20, and F: have 20, or E: 30 or F: 10, u get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom