How important is a good tower or case for a gaming PC - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
1337 ßtatus

Default Re: How important is a good tower or case for a gaming PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalin90 View Post
yea it might be but if u read all my post you will see i was talking about cases that are $70 and under... not $150
Those aren't mega, they're above averge. ;p

Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to jfenwick Send a message via MSN to jfenwick
Default Re: How important is a good tower or case for a gaming PC

If you're not planning anything special with the system it's not too important (considering the extra $$$ could be better used on a cpu or gpu). As mentioned, if you're looking to overclock or add watercooling then you have some additional concerns to keep in mind.

In the end, you can get a great case for under $200 (and some really good ones for under/around $100), most stuff above that is bells and whistles for personal preference (works for some, not for others). Look for something that looks good to you, has good airflow if you're not going to watercool and watch the internal size, GPUs are just getting bigger and a lot of older high quality cases don't fit the new cases any more. (of course you can alway pull out your dremel and make room If you're looking to have this case for a while make sure there is some room for a larger GPU if/when you upgrade. The aforementioned coolermaster 690, 590 and antec 300 are all excellent value for $$$ cases that have good airflow, build quality and decent longevity. Keeping with the car analogy I'd call them honda civics, cheap, economical and good quality for the $$$.

Goodluck, let us know what you pick.

Closed Thread