How hot is too hot for Q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5GHZ. hahahahaha.

Do you think we'll see that? I heard they're having a hard time even getting to 4ghz because of mucho heat.

it wont go to 5ghz they just have more cores like 256 cores instead of tryin to make cpu's to high clocks

I tried installing coretemp, and everytime I loaded up the program, it restarted my computer.. so I just stick to Everest Ultimate / Speedfan.. they both match, so I assume they're correct.. especially being that Everest Ultimate you have to pay for(usually :D) it better be accurate.

My BIOS generally put my CPU at like 38C, while speedfan/Everest have it at 40.. so it's really close, if not exact on.

I tried installing coretemp, and everytime I loaded up the program, it restarted my computer.. so I just stick to Everest Ultimate / Speedfan.. they both match, so I assume they're correct.. especially being that Everest Ultimate you have to pay for(usually :D) it better be accurate.

My BIOS generally put my CPU at like 38C, while speedfan/Everest have it at 40.. so it's really close, if not exact on.

core temp doesn't support pentium 3/4s and a couple other processors...it explitcitly states this during the intsall...so yeah maybe thats the reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom