How good will the ATi Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR3 be for certain games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFuzzyFool

Solid State Member
Hiya, I am building a computer and I currently have been bought the ATi Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR3 by a family member for the build.
My question is how good will it be at running games such as WOW, Starcraft II, Call of Duty, Portal, Team Fortress 2, basically a large array of games, and also...Minecraft. So how good will this GPU be? What types of frame rates can I be expecting with High, Medium and Low graphics settings.
It should be running on a system with a Intel i5 2.8GHz Quad Core and 4GB DDR3 RAM.
It will also be used for video rendering, how fast can I expect it to handle that.
I belive it was £65 from a local store, and if I return it, I can only get store credit from them.

Any information appreciated.

Thank You :big_smile:

I'm no AMD expert but the 5450 is a low-range card. I can't see it doing any better than low resolutions at low framerates. You would be better off buying a AMD X4 based system with a higher end video card instead of the Intel with a low end video card.

from what i could find, at low res's like 1024x760, portal should run with mostly high settings and CoD should run with low-med settings. WoW should be playable up to like 1080p on 'default' settings (whatever 'default' means as far as low/med/high is, i do not know)

i'm still gonna agree with Slay though, it's not really meant to be a gaming card and for newer games you're gonna have to restrict yourself to playing on a lower res with lower settings.

if you want to game, i think you should go back to the store and note what cards they have + prices, and post back. maybe there's something better you can get for the same price or maybe by adding in a bit more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom