How good are these computers for gaming and are they worth the money? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Troll Patrol

Default Re: How good are these computers for gaming and are they worth the money?

What you're wanting is totally possible man. Ya just need to figure out which parts to re-use so you can stay on a budget.

Are you comfortable putting together a computer yourself? It's like Legos basically other than doing the pin-out.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: How good are these computers for gaming and are they worth the money?

I think I could do it with instructions ^^

Old 05-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I just wouldn't know fully what parts are compatible. I already have working computers but not ideal for gaming, I'm going to be given one before university as part of a scholarship but have no idea how good it is, so my family think it's a waste of money. That's why I'm not sure I want to spend so much :/
Old 05-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Exclamation Would this computer run WoW on Ultra graphics smoothly?

And how much cheaper do you think I could build a PC like this for (I have no experience building computers but am confident with instructions on parts that are compatible; can manage to put one together).

NEW QUAD CORE 3.4 GHz PHENOM AMD 965 PC 1TB 4GB DDR3 | eBay UK

EDIT: and how does it compare to http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quad-Core-HD-G...#ht_2985wt_982
Old 05-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lord Techie

@ RobertWhite

Quit starting new threads for the same topic.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymate View Post
@ RobertWhite

Quit starting new threads for the same topic.
Sorry, it was a different computer and different question on the build. Is this how these forums work? One thread a person?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lady Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWhite View Post
Sorry, it was a different computer and different question on the build. Is this how these forums work? One thread a person?
You get one topic per topic.

I'll put a build together quickly on Scan for you, I'll do the best I can for 350 quid.

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Old 05-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I see, next time I'll delete the old one and create a new one, thanks, I'm useless at building computers.

By the way I already have an ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWhite View Post
No it's not one thread per person.

The problem is that you want a new computer/build but your scattering all your info and questions about the subject, your new computer/build, across multiple threads. Why should I have to search all of these threads to find out what you've look at already or what questions have already been answered about the subject at hand, helping you get a new computer.

If you want us to help you, please try to make it easy for us to do so.

Edit: and you also need to quit double posting. If you make a post and a few minutes later you have something else to add to the conversation, and no one else has responded to your last post yet, use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add the info to your last post..
Old 05-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymate View Post
No it's not one thread per person.

The problem is that you want a new computer/build but your scattering all your info and questions about the subject, your new computer/build, across multiple threads. Why should I have to search all of these threads to find out what you've look at already or what questions have already been answered about the subject at hand, helping you get a new computer.

If you want us to help you, please try to make it easy for us to do so.
I forgot I asked a few questions at the start, shall I just delete this and post one, updated thread?

Closed Thread