Totally changed my PC set up following advice on the forums. I will be ordering some things from the US (send via friend to ROI) and UK (Will pick up on hols). Here's what my new rig will look like...
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R Mainboard (129.99 from newegg.com)
- 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair Balistix PC2-6400 memory (99.99 from buy.com)
- XFX Fatal1ty Edition 8600gt (OC) 256mb (159.99 from buy.com)
- Casecom Black/Silver Case w/ Side Window (£17.99 from ebuyer.co.uk)
- Antec 500w Basiq Power PSU (£39.86 from Ebuyer)
- Existing Seagate 320gb HDD (7200RPM)
- Existing Windows Vista (64 bit) and XP (Home) Dual boot
- Existing Logitech x-230 2.1 speakers
- Existing Hanns-G HU151 15" monitor (will upgrade later)
Hows that, I know, I should've got an 8800gts because its $x from such a place but I can't afford one so got the fastest 8600gt I could. Just trying to decide on CPU, e6320 (£100.73) w/aftermarket cooler or e6420 (£166.13) w/stock. I have read the 6400's are better than the 6300's but is it the same in the new 4mb cache versions.
By the way, total cost was a respectable €555.55 approx