how ghz do these to have

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok what we need to know is what you'll be using the computer for. if it's for gaming or multitasking or cpu demanding software...don't get any of those and get a socket 939 or AM2 (more expensive but newer and more ugrades for future) and get an Athlon processor

if you wanna multitask get an Athlon x2 ****

for gaming or demanding software get a singlecore Athlon.

but remember to get them based on the L2 cache (bigger is better) and processor name...

a 3700+ is faster than the 3800+ even though they run at the same Ghz (2.4?). it's faster because it's got a 1mb cache instead of a 512kb.

so yeah if you wanna get something cheap for internet/word processing get one of those ancient crappy cpu's. but if you're going for a high performance (which we must assume due to the forum you posted in.) then go for one depending on what i recommended above.

*EDIT* if you go w/ one of the old cpu's it shouldn't make a difference on what you get cuz you probably won't be that interested in speed and i don't think there's that much of a difference on them...but i THINK the hyper 3800 is the fastest of them.

i don't think that it'll make a big difference on what you get cuz they're all gonna suck. (by the standards of about everybody in the forums anyways)

basically im looking at gaming than anthing else because i already have 2 computers for internet use and my ASUS A7S333 fried after a ESD so im gonna take jordo_99 opinion and get myself socket 939 and some sort of AMD Athlon
thnx to u all u just saved me from buying crap

one more thing wat so bad about a socket 754 iv been checking them out and it seems fine for gaming. it supports,
• Supports 64-bit AMD® Athlon™ 64 processor (Socket 754)
• Supports 2800+, 3000+, 3200+, 3400+, 3700+
• Supports Sempron 2600+, 2800+, 3000+, 3100+, 3300+

the thing is that i hav an AGP ati radeon 9550 256mb 400mhz wat i recently bought for my old ASUS before it was fried and the new socket 939/940 uses PCI-e/ x16

acually i have seen nice amd processor (AMD 64) go for like 65-80 and plus add in a mobo.. he oculd upgrade very cheaply and have a nice proformance increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom