how dusty does the Antec 900 get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
I was thinking of getting an Antec 900 case for my first gaming rig. I like all the fans and also want a case without a front hinged door. The only issue is the fact that it doesn't come with dust filters( i think this is correct). So basically is this case really bad when it comes to dust gathering in it? How often do you need to vacuum this thing.:p

It doesn't get too dusty inside the actual case, but a lot of dust can build up on the front grille and the side grille. It's easy to wipe away and instead of vacuuming it, use a can of compressed air. Very useful it is too!

OR you could always upgrade and get the Antec 1200, which comes with dust filters. :)

i think i will go with the 900, i'll just check inside the case everynow and then, can you see if there's a dust build up just by looking through the side window. Also is the Antec 900 a MIDI tower? As in would it fit on a desk ok?

Like he said, the 900 really doesn't get too much dust inside the case, but the front really gets a lot of dust, which can just be wiped off with a paper towel. It can fit on a desk, but it is big... it's a pretty large mid case.

Like he said, the 900 really doesn't get too much dust inside the case, but the front really gets a lot of dust, which can just be wiped off with a paper towel. It can fit on a desk, but it is big... it's a pretty large mid case.

That it is... I used to think it was a Full Tower when it first came out..

But dust filters usually fix stuff like this... (I really should get some for my case.. haha)

lol

900= £70

1200=£122

dont think so:D

Ahh but for that extra...£52 you get dust filters and quite a bit of extra space, plus extra cooling. Those three reasons are why I'll be upgrading soon.

When I first bought my 900 it was around the same price as the 1200 is now.

The Antec 300 has a air filter on the front.

The 900 lacks any filters! I run the 900 here and readily agree on seeing dust build up fast on the front grills for the twin 120mm fans as well as the side opening where I added another 120 blue led fan there. The 200mm top fan will see dust build up as well as the rear and front fans on the fan blades themselves.

For cleaning first use a baby wipe or better yet one of those antistatic wipes you throw into a clothes dryer along with your laundry to wipe the dust off of the blades themselves. Then proceed to blast the loose dust and go along the memory as well as PCI-E and PCI slots with the thin tube that comes with a can of air cleaner. That will blast the loose dust as well as free up any other buildup seen right out of the case.

Remember that you only get short bursts when using a can of cleaner since the can will freeze up fast. As a rule however the fan grills and blades are the worst offender for seeing dust buildup on those.

how dusty does the Antec 900 get?

Very! depends upon how dusty your environment is, of course, but I have two 'bounce' tumble dryer sheets, and a thick layer of packing foam over the front because it was getting so dusty. Its a good case, but turn back the clock with hindsight, I would buy something else. Its a bit 'rad' looking as well.

The cooling is great, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom