How to Dual Screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
I wanan do dual screen so that I will b able to use both seperately. Like if I'm in game with one screen I can use the other to browse internet, talk on msn, stuff like that. HOw do i do it ?
i have 7900GT video card.

Plug the primary monitor (the one on the left) into the left dvi port on your 7900. Plug the secondary monitor (one on the right) into the right dvi port on your 7900. Go into dispay properties and click on the rectangle with a 1 in it. Make sure that the "use this as my primary monitor" box is checked. Then click on the number 2 rectangle and check the "extend windows desktop onto this display" box.

The second monitor will act as an extension of the first. You can drag and drop things to this display, open windows, etc..

but the problem with that is when you play a game, that will bypass your other screen... in other words... you will still have to either exit the game or use the windows key and get back to the OS. You won't be able to simply move the mouse off the game and start surfing...

Nukem said:
but the problem with that is when you play a game, that will bypass your other screen... in other words... you will still have to either exit the game or use the windows key and get back to the OS. You won't be able to simply move the mouse off the game and start surfing...

Unless you run your games in a window you will still be able to keep your game up :)

There is also a handy piece of software called ultramon that will allow you to have a task bar on both screens

i dont think you can... the mouse and keyboard are locked "inside" the game when you play it. you would have to minimise it i think.

PZEROFGH said:
Unless you run your games in a window you will still be able to keep your game up :)

so is there anyway to play a full screen game like cs on 1 monitor and surf on the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom