How does this sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch Hung

In Runtime
I'm upgrading my PC within the next 2 weeks and I just wanted to ask what you guys think of what I am panning to buy. The PC will be used mainly for gaming but also for some music production and for programs like photoshop, illustrator and flash.

Prices are in Austalian dollar.
1. CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 - $735
2. Video Card - 256mb Leadtek VIVO 7800GT - $540
3. Motherboard - Gigabyte K8N Pro-SLI - $163
4. Memory - 1Gb (2x512mb) Kingston DDR400 - $138

I'm not sure to go for the 7800GT extreme or the 7800GTX. Is it worth the money? Also what is a better brand for this Video card MSI or Leadtek? And what kind of PSU should I consider buying?

Thanks in advance.

I'd get an eVGA 7800GT and a DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D just as 003 said. BTW, i like that chick in your sick 003 :p

if you are doing music production although the current onboard sound are awesome, get a creative augidy if you are serious about the music production, with the tgheme of that rig in mind & want it to be good for ages double the ram fo sho cause i imagine that 2gb will be the best specs for running vista

Your build is fine. But if you were to make changes it would be

2GB of memory
eVGA 7800 GT

The_Tobes99 said:
if you are doing music production although the current onboard sound are awesome, get a creative augidy if you are serious about the music production, with the tgheme of that rig in mind & want it to be good for ages double the ram fo sho cause i imagine that 2gb will be the best specs for running vista

Sorry I forgot to mention that I already have a sound card. And it happens to be a creative audigy :D

Thanks for all the help. I will definetly be getting 2Gb of memory. I am in Australia and i'm not sure if they sell eVGA here?
The shop i'm buying the parts from have Leadtek and MSI. Which of the two would be a wiser choice?
What benefits does the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D offer?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom