How does my new rig look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerosinek

Baseband Member
How does this look? Ordering it from CyberPower so I'm somewhat limited to my choices. Basically looking for a computer that can run games like Crysis on high settings with close to 25 FPS.

Quick copy/paste -

Apevia X-Jupiter Jr. 420 Watts Case
AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
LG 20X DVD+/-R/+/-RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
Raidmax Maxcool AMD CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof)
Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
MSI K9A2 CF-F AMD 790X CrossFire Chipset DDR2/1066 Dual 16X PCIE SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)
Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU
600 Watts Power Supplies (Nzxt PP600 Watt Power Supply-SLI Supports)
HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
Video1: ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 16X 512MB Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
Video2: ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 16X 512MB Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card

Any changes? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot... 4 gigs of ram

Here's what you should do... Cyberpower over prices everything... so change your PSU to a decent one they have...

Change the HD, Video Card(s), Wireless G-card and Memory and put the no option, buy your own copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit and buy them from Newegg...

Now I'm sure everybody will recommend you to change to Intel, its really your choice. If you want to support AMD/ you are a fanboy and want to buy them by all means go ahead, but its important you know that Intel has the performance edge right now.

I'd say around $1500?

And he did say on the other thread he won't build, it'd be a lot less if he made it himself, or just bought the barebone Cyberpower rig and added some of the minor parts himself

Yeah I just read that, not worth 1500 >< you can build it for >1k.. and if you were going to build it you would stay up an extra 2 hours to finish :D at least that's the most exciting part for me is building it and making it look nice.

His site is still under construction isn't it? I tried looking at stuff and I couldn't find any links. Or "build my own" etc.

It's only costing ~1100 shipped. Could you guys explain whats wrong with the current choices? I'll admit, I've been out of the loop as far as high performance computers go for about 6 years so I'm not really up to date on all the current stuff.

As for the AMD over intel, I guess you could say I'm a fanboy lol. I've always used AMD CPUs so I'd prefer to stick to that. Intel CPUs (from what I've seen) tend to cost a bit more and I'm not looking for top of the line parts here, just something that can actually run some of the current games. If I could get an intel CPU for around the same price that would give a noticeable performance upgrade I'd go for it though.

Change the HD, Video Card(s), Wireless G-card and Memory and put the no option, buy your own copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit and buy them from Newegg...

What's wrong with the HD and video cards? And yeah, I forgot that I can get a copy of vista from school for pretty cheap. So that's another ~100 I can shave off the price.

If it were me I'd get the 1x4870, and xfire later, because right now you don't need 2x4870 for anything... What kind of monitor are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom