How does this Computer look?

I would step down the case to a cheaper one, No real reason for a full tower, Mid tower is plenty big enough and would put the difference to getting a GTX960, The 270 is a weak card IMHO. Also I DON'T see any ram on your list.

Well we are trying to help but I'm getting the impression you don't want the advice being given, Reading through the thread a few times you were told the case could be exchanged for cheaper, you have $120 case and there are PLENTY mid towers that are great for around $60 then you say you want to keep the budget down so don't want to get a $200 card. But insist on getting a $120 case????? If you don't want the advice and will just get everything to make your system "LOOK' like a high end system with having a weak system inside have at it. BUT if you want the best system for your budget then start taking the advice being given and not act like it wasn't said. you cant have it both ways so choose one or the other way please.

Then take heed to our suggestions.

The GTX 960 is better in 2 areas than the cards previously mentioned. Performance, and power consumption. Despite the absurd amount of juice that processor will take, a CX500 is perfectly capable of handling it and the GTX 960 because the card at full max barely takes over 100w.

For the money you're spending on a 600w budget power supply you could have a modular quality power supply that'll last you many builds.
SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

I mentioned before that you should reduce your case. You're buying low end products but putting over 100 bucks into your case. That makes 0 sense. If you got something like the Corsair 200r instead you'd have plenty of money left to buy not only the better Seasonic PSU, but also the GTX 960 and retain the same budget level you're at now.
EVGA 02G-P4-2966-KR GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card - Newegg.com

Now to settle the VRAM problem, VRAM is moot unless you have the GPU power to back it up. Something like an R7 250 has no wishes of being able to handle 4GB worth of texture information. The 960 is easily 3-5x more powerful than a 250 and only has 2GB because it's realistic to the GPU power it has, and for the target audience. Low mid range 1080p users, like yourself. VRAM only becomes a real issue with super high resolutions like 1440p pushing high refresh (144Hz) and 4k. I was at work so couldn't spend much time in this thread linking or explaining, but there you go.

Also, if you recently bought the 9370 and can take it back, do so. It's such a waste of money. If not, then don't worry about it.

Looks much better, It's not a issue but why do you want a full tower. A little tougher for cooling with all the extra space and really takes up so much more space on the desk or floor where ever you put it. OH Don't see any ram in the build so not sure if you already have it or need to add some. * gigs will be plenty for gaming. I have 16 only because I found it on sale really cheap with 2x8 gig sticks.

Dang I didn't realize that one was a full. I'm picky on how it looks because I don't want one too basic looking, I like the looks of that one but ill see if I can find similar
Edit
I am getting 2 8GB sticks for now I'm just too lazy to add it to the list

I know what you mean about the case, I hate the too plain looking ones too. Unfortunately they discontinued the one I got. LOVE my case, The NZXT Tempest 410. It came with either a windowed side or with 2 fan mounts, The windowed version was hare to find and sold out so I got the fanned version. This is the windowed version.
IMG_1359.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom