How does this build look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get a Corsair 520W PSU instead. It'll turn out cheaper then that Antec ($10 MIR and free shipping) and you can't beat it.
Corsair HX Series CMPSU-520HX 520W Power Supply at ZipZoomfly

Also, switch the RAM out with this. These usually cost around $200 but there's a sale or something. It's quite a bit better for only $15 more.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Rest looks good :) unless you want to get a SATA DVD-RW instead. You won't have to use that big airflowing restricting IDE cable.

Everything looks good but if you are overclocking you are going o need something better than the stock cooler. Anyway I would not get that mouse as for only 10 bucks more or so this is one of the best gaming mouses ever made.

Newegg.com - Logitech MX310 Black&White Mouse - Retail

For the ram It should work as the new revisions were made but just in case This RAM is really sick for the same price and works on 965 chipsets first try. Worked on mine.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Do you really need 2ms response time on monitor? 2ms is overkill and you won't tell the difference from 8ms. I would get the Hanns G 19inch wide 5ms for 170 bucks as I own one and it's amazing.

EDIT: I also agree with getting the Corsair PSU as it's pretty much one of the best you can get. It's watts are a bit low for SLI but you have a DS3 in there meaning I doubt you want SLI. Therefore get the Corsair.

Well i'm gunna keep the mouse i picked cuz i have it for my regular computer and it works fine.

Will change the PSU to the corsair one selected.

I think i will keep the RAM the same as what i picked to avoid any possible issues as i'm a little worried since it's my first build.

Will switch to the Hanns G 19" 5ms monitor...

not sure if i want to spend the extra $$$ on a new CPU cooler because i do not plan on overclocking until I need it to be.

Anything else?

get the cooler now.
because as soon as you get it all together you are going to want to overclock it.
and if you dont have the cooler, you are going to have to wait for it.
and then you will say, "i should have ordered that hsf with all my other stuff, dang".
i am certain the opinions on this matter will be unanimous here on the forums.

Bump...

Gunna stay with all the stuff in the original post except still changing to the Corsair PSU.

cant beat that G.Skill Ram for $140.

Should be ordering monday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom