How do you update bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Easy-Flash....from my Bios and just pointed it to my floppy drive, where my new bios file was, and the flash went smoothly.

Hmmm I have a secondary question if I reformat all my hard drives do I have to update my BIOS again? ( I already did )

i was gonna update BIOS, but idk what the whole flash thing was though. Dont flash update BIOS unless necessary? Of course it's necessary, it's an update!!

i downloaded the files to do it but when i opened it, it didnt do anything. Like someone just said, i have to do it through BIOS.

what is going to happen once i flash the BIOS? Why so cautious?

download the .iso file..burn it as an image to a CD..

set the motherboard to boot from teh CD drive and follow the directions they give you.

i was gonna update BIOS, but idk what the whole flash thing was though. Dont flash update BIOS unless necessary? Of course it's necessary, it's an update!!

i downloaded the files to do it but when i opened it, it didnt do anything. Like someone just said, i have to do it through BIOS.

what is going to happen once i flash the BIOS? Why so cautious?

If it goes bad you can screw up your mobo!

download the .iso file..burn it as an image to a CD..

set the motherboard to boot from teh CD drive and follow the directions they give you.

well should it be a good idea to flash BIOS? I mean, everything is cool here for me, but when i get a Phenom 9950 or whatever, i would have to be worried.

ill favorite this thread until i get a Phenom around Juneish.

Dont flash unless you NEED to flash.

Sometimes the manufacturer will make a new bios so you can use a newer cpu on your mobo....so if you would like to use that new cpu...then you MUST flash your bios.

Don't just flash for no good reason.

ppl should flash all the time...if they release a hardware update, it's for a reason.
it has to do with % of variability...they release it so it's more stable. Let's say there's an algorthmic error present in a mobo...sure you don't need to update if you don't care for it, but logically you should

example pdf you can read for my mobo:
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/14346/ENG/BX_1487_ReleaseNotes.pdf

just adds stability, so I do it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom