How do you afford this?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
TinTin said:
I was assaulted with a group of my friends, I got hit and got a realy bad tripod fracture(cheekbone) now im awaiting my compensation wich ive been told will be £3000 - £5000.

sry to hear about that, but that, I must say, is a very hard way to earn money

I work @ a pizza place, and i make 5.75... it sucks. But i make about $135/wk, under the table, so it has taken me about 2 - 3 months to save up the money for my new system.

120 bucks a week! ouch...I'm really fortunate to have my job i guess.. i make a fair bit more... :p

do kids not find ways to make money anymore???

When I was about 10 or 11, I stated mowing the lawn at home for $5 bucks every time I did it. After a year or two, I had 5 lawns I mowed every week, for $10 each, and 1 for $15. In the winter, I also shoveled ALOT of snow...

Then, when I was 13, I started my first job setting up table & chairs in a hall at an Elk's club... (VFW type place). That was $5 an hour, and only like 2 or 3 days a week for 1 or 2 hours. 2 years of that, and they slowly had less and less for us to do, till we didn't get called anymore, cause they weren't making any money....

A MONTH after my 15th birthday, I started working as a 'cleanup kid' at a local butcher shop / Deli about a 1/4 mile from my parents house. I started there at $5 / hr, and I am STILL there, 8 years later at more than $11 / hr, but in the deli since I was 18. I only work Saturdays & Sundays there. I have had a full time Mon-Fri Salary job since I turned 20, and I make more than $20 an hour there....

I bought ALL of my own computer stuff, with the exception of the first PC I got for free from a cousin. It was a 133Mhz pentium with a 200 MHz evergreen upgrade.... onboard graphics, and a BLAZING 72 Megs of Ram.... I was SOOO excited to get this computer.... lol... first upgrade was a burner. I got this PC cause his work was pitching DOZENS of them to upgrade to the 400 Mhz machines that had just come out.

After that, I built and paid for 3 other systems myself.
2nd system - 600Mhz PIIIe Slot A (now dead and not sure where is it... motherboard died on it, and I think I pitched it, upgraded to system 3)
3rd system - AMD 2400+ XP, 512MB Ram, ATI 9800 AIW - currently my DVR...
4th current system is listed in my Sig.....

ALSO, I didn't get my license till I was 17, and I bought my OWN car, $3000 after tax, title and all that fun stuff.... it was ALLL MY money. I certianly have learned to appreciate the value of a dollar... I just need to manage it better, thats why I have my fiance pay the bills. :D

EDIT: actually, my current monitor was a christmas present from my parents, it was the only thing I got.

That's all very admiral ethereal! good life lessons learned.

I spend waaaaaay to much money a day on Dunkin Donuts...its soo pathetic. I need to stop. We just got a sich auto-single cup coffee machine in the office now though so that should save me trips their for coffee and inevitablty moooore things. I'm too lazy to bring food though, so i buy it. = ouch

Ive done a bunch of stuff, I started as a HVAC (Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning/Cooling) equipment transporter (I hauled air conditioners etc around.. Since then Ive worked for some good sized compter firms, currently Im a repair tech for a company contracted to fix laptops for a school district.. 15,000 lappies running around..:)

Hey my brother does that same thing Toxic. He's incharge of the apple laptop program. 300 brats with pieces of **** to break daily lol.

Parents bought my first computer when I was about 11 :)

Compaq Presario PII @ 266mhz 16mb RAM 4mb ATI

When I was 14 I wanted a new one. My parents were like, "yeah right, you'll get a new computer when you get strait A's" (thinking I'm not going to get them). Guess what, I got strait A's.

Dell 8100 P4 1.4ghz 128mb RDRAM 40gb Nvidia 32mb

When I was 18 it was time for an upgrade again. I spent about a month doing artwork in this restaurant and ended up making about $4000. So I took $1600 of it and bought the current rig I have below, minus 1024 mb of ram :)

I think this rig will hold me over till at least Q3 2007 when I start getting the itch again. :) I usually go about 4-5 years between upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom