How do I know for sure my MOBO is fine after RMAin' it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi.

Ok, I had the BSOD problem with the GA-P55A-UD3 (rev. 1.0) a while back and we were trying to determine exactly if it was the MOBO, the RAM, or something else...

Well, Gigabyte asked me to return the MOBO. I did, and after waiting 2+ weeks, they finally sent it back.

They provided no documentation whatsoever. I do not know if they worked on it, replaced some parts on it, or anything else!

I plugged everything back in started this baby up and some strange screen came up 3 times that asked me what boot it was...[I cannot remember exactly what it said]. I think I eventually pushed F1 and then that screen no longer appeared.

Well, I just finished 10 hours of prime95, memtest86+, and the torture test, and no more BSOD's. The system seems stable now.

Ok, my million dollar question: How do I know if it was the MOBO [other than the obvious process of elimination]?

Some other questions:

Should I wait another week before I begin to install all my special programs such as MS Office 2010?

Is this normal that a company would send a RMA item back to me without stating clearly what was done?

Last, any suggestions as to where I go from here [my main goal now is just to have a stable system please].

Thanks,

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom