How dangerous is a PSU that lacks an MOV in the transient filtering stage - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,317
Default Re: How dangerous is a PSU that lacks an MOV in the transient filtering stage

Yea we do, but we also have a bunch of tards behind the wheel.
__________________

__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lookin' for higher ground
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,105
Default Re: How dangerous is a PSU that lacks an MOV in the transient filtering stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Yea we do, but we also have a bunch of tards behind the wheel.
LOL

PPM, you are so right!

Soar
__________________

__________________
Intel i5-3570
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GeForce 560Ti
Seasonic SS660XP Platinum
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB
CM HAF X Blue
Antec H20 620
Intel 180GB SATA III 520
WD Black Caviar 2 TB
Seagate Green 3 TB
Gentle Typhoons [3]
Scythe Fan Controller w/Temps
soarwitheagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lookin' for higher ground
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,105
Default Re: How dangerous is a PSU that lacks an MOV in the transient filtering stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Yea we do, but we also have a bunch of tards behind the wheel.
LOL

PPM, you are so right!

Soar
__________________
Intel i5-3570
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GeForce 560Ti
Seasonic SS660XP Platinum
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB
CM HAF X Blue
Antec H20 620
Intel 180GB SATA III 520
WD Black Caviar 2 TB
Seagate Green 3 TB
Gentle Typhoons [3]
Scythe Fan Controller w/Temps
soarwitheagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
ninja troll
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: How dangerous is a PSU that lacks an MOV in the transient filtering stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarwitheagles View Post
Ok Professor Jason:

California electricity crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haven't had some one call me on the carpet for citations since my days in university!
did you lift from wikipedia without citation back at your days in university?

it was a bit tongue in cheek when i said [citation needed] because thats what you do on wikipedia when a statement needs to be attributed and it isnt. THATS THE JOKE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i mean really. i thought it would be obvious what i was saying to the person who did the lifting.
__________________
Intel Core i5-2500K
ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Corsair 550VX
1Tb Samsung Spinpoint F3
1Tb WD Caviar Green
2Tb WD Caviar Green
8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
Sapphire Radeon 6870


jasonalwaysready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lookin' for higher ground
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,105
Default Re: How dangerous is a PSU that lacks an MOV in the transient filtering stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonalwaysready View Post
did you lift from wikipedia without citation back at your days in university?

it was a bit tongue in cheek when i said [citation needed] because thats what you do on wikipedia when a statement needs to be attributed and it isnt. THATS THE JOKE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i mean really. i thought it would be obvious what i was saying to the person who did the lifting.
Did I lift from wikipedia without citation back in my days in university? Absolutely.....NOT! That would have been labeled plagiarism and the penalty/sentence was very frightening: Immediate Dismissal!

In fact, the Professors repeatedly warned us that any and all forms of plagiarism would be met with the very harshest forms of punishment...and they meant exactly what they said!

One entire class session was entirely devoted to how to use the APA citation style and our Professors stood united that all papers must be submitted using the APA citation style and we were given massive penalties if we did otherwise...

My knees still tremble when I think of not citing any thing APA citation style!

Please have mercy on us Professor Jason!

Soar
__________________
Intel i5-3570
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GeForce 560Ti
Seasonic SS660XP Platinum
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB
CM HAF X Blue
Antec H20 620
Intel 180GB SATA III 520
WD Black Caviar 2 TB
Seagate Green 3 TB
Gentle Typhoons [3]
Scythe Fan Controller w/Temps
soarwitheagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,317
Default Re: How dangerous is a PSU that lacks an MOV in the transient filtering stage

He's just pulling your chain man.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
ninja troll
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: How dangerous is a PSU that lacks an MOV in the transient filtering stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarwitheagles View Post
Did I lift from wikipedia without citation back in my days in university? Absolutely.....NOT! That would have been labeled plagiarism and the penalty/sentence was very frightening: Immediate Dismissal!

In fact, the Professors repeatedly warned us that any and all forms of plagiarism would be met with the very harshest forms of punishment...and they meant exactly what they said!

One entire class session was entirely devoted to how to use the APA citation style and our Professors stood united that all papers must be submitted using the APA citation style and we were given massive penalties if we did otherwise...

My knees still tremble when I think of not citing any thing APA citation style!

Please have mercy on us Professor Jason!

Soar
i was just messing around and cracking myself up, but youre really digging in here. you copied from wikipedia, man. i mean, this isn't 5th grade. i thought it was funny that you copied, word for word, 2 sentences from wikipedia. maybe i should copy and paste the stories of shaking knees from in days of university stress greatly time to see where you ripped that off from. i'm glad to hear you didnt steal from wikipedia back then. unfortunately, you seem to be regressing. maybe you should cane yourself a few time as or what is great massive penalties of the time prescribed punishment tremble knees to make unglorious

anyways, what is this? a computer forum?
.
__________________

__________________
Intel Core i5-2500K
ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Corsair 550VX
1Tb Samsung Spinpoint F3
1Tb WD Caviar Green
2Tb WD Caviar Green
8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
Sapphire Radeon 6870


jasonalwaysready is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(New build) Heavy CFD and Transient simulation FractalGlitch New Systems | Building and Buying 4 02-12-2011 12:08 PM
MOV to WMV - Freeware converting between MOV and WMV video Osiris Tips, Tricks & Tutorials 0 03-14-2010 10:13 PM
Windows without Media Player lacks interest Osiris Microsoft Windows and Software 0 06-22-2005 05:35 PM
What WMP lacks nitrokartel Microsoft Windows and Software 2 03-01-2005 03:31 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.